QUESTION Amfeltec Piranha USB-FXO?

Reaction score
I have a customer with a really small requirement (3 extensions), buts who would like to advantages of a PBX vs. a key system. I'm thinking of using a Raspberry Pi for them, but need an easy way to get FXO's connected.

Found this from Amfletec (http://amfeltec.com/products/piranha-usb-fxo-adapter/). Looks as if it would fill the bill, but...

-- Anyone have any experience? I remember trying the Sangoma USB-FXO, which was really a work in progress, and would never ever try in production again

-- If so, anyone know if it works on an ARM based system?

I do expect the current draw to be more than the pi can provide, so a powered hub is in order

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I'd just use an Obi110 (or a few if you need less than four trunks). I had (and probably still have in a drawer somewhere) one of Sangoma's USB FXO units. Hated it - never worked right, and the audio quality was beyond unusable.

Reaction score
Yea, the OBI is reliable, but I'm liking the idea of no additional power 'warts', and the smaller footprint.

Additionally, on i86 based systems, this would be perfect for the one 'real' line.

Maybe I'll just go and buy one to test and report on

tarbal

Reaction score
I have a customer with a really small requirement (3 extensions), buts who would like to advantages of a PBX vs. a key system. I'm thinking of using a Raspberry Pi for them, but need an easy way to get FXO's connected.

Found this from Amfletec (http://amfeltec.com/products/piranha-usb-fxo-adapter/). Looks as if it would fill the bill, but...

-- Anyone have any experience? I remember trying the Sangoma USB-FXO, which was really a work in progress, and would never ever try in production again

-- If so, anyone know if it works on an ARM based system?

I do expect the current draw to be more than the pi can provide, so a powered hub is in order
I tested. It works. I may help you to configure it.

Michael Purnell

Reaction score
I have just received the Amfeltec Pirahna usb - fxo. I will be using it with FreePBX. I have it plugged in, but I'm not seeing any FXO ports. What else do I need to do to set it up? Nothing came with the hardware...

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Did you download the USB driver?

From their website:

Amfeltec USB Device driver
==========================

1. Hardware installation

Connect the Amfeltec USB device into an available USB port

2. DAHDI installation

2.1 Download and install Dahdi release

* Download Dahdi-Linux and Dahdi-tools from www.asterisk.org
* cd /usr/src
* tar xfz dahdi-linux<ver>.tar.gz
* cd dahdi-linux-<ver>
* make all
* make install
* make config

2.2 Make necessary changes in /etc/dahdi/system.conf file

3. Amfeltec USB driver installation

3.1 Untar release

* tar xzf amfeltec_usb-<ver>.tgz
* cd amfeltec_usb-<ver>

3.2 Compile and install Amfeltec USB driver

* make DAHDI_DIR=/usr/src/dahdi-linux-<ver>
* make install
* make boot

3.3 Start driver using Dahdi Startup Script and confirm that Amfeltec USB driver (amf_usb) is loaded

* service dahdi start

(/etc/init.d/dahdi start)

3.4 Confirm that Amfeltec USB analog span is registered with DAHDI

* service dahdi status

(/etc/init.d/dahdi status)

bj_pbx

Reaction score
I tested. It works. I may help you to configure it.

I have installed the Amfeltec USB-FXO Adapter on my Incredible PBX/FAX 13.9.1 for CentOS 6 system. I have it working, but have a huge echo issue.
I have setup FreePBX GUI
Advanced Settings - DAHDi Configuration, Software EC: mg2
Connectivity - DAHDi Config - Global Settings, Enable Echo Canceling: yes
Enable EC when bridged: no
Enable Echo Training: no

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.