FYI Asterisk 12 + FreePBX 12 Beta

gherbstman

Reaction score
Tom,

Along with a chmod +x, this seems to have made a difference. It is running the 3.1.5 installer.

Thanks. Need to figure out how the old script is getting loaded.

It would also be nice to get that vga=791 removed from the preload script.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
That is there for versions of asterisk that require enhanced resolution to run make menuconfig. Digium decided to change the way make menuconfig ran and it would not reliably run on a 80x25 terminal. If you notice when you choose to run make menuconfig within the piaf setup screens it checks to see if your resolution is adequate. If you happen to try to install a version of asterisk where there is no autoconf file AND you are running 80x25 terminal you will NOT be able to install asterisk AND be able to choose your options. All of the oddities people want removed are there for a reason. Of course the reason may not be apparent to everybody all the time but such is the nature of the beast.

Good luck with your project

gherbstman

Reaction score
We do all our VMs on Hyper-V so we are having to remove vga=791 all the time. I understand the need.

Any thoughts on why the install was running the old scripts?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Nope I can't duplicate it on any machine sorry

Tom

theo69

Reaction score
Hi

I can confirm the exact same issue - pulling the old scripts somehow - happened to me 2 days ago.

theo69

Reaction score
just gave it another bash, the version of the script is dated 2013?

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Hi

I can confirm the exact same issue - pulling the old scripts somehow - happened to me 2 days ago.

Hate to reply to this, but the same exact thing is happening to me as well...on a ramnode vps....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The pbxinaflash.net and pbxinaflash.us servers were updated on 3-2-2015 so you might give it a try one more time and see if you get the same results. The files on those two servers are identical to what Tom has linked to above.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
yep and every time I try to duplicate it I can't. Beyond deleting the PIAF 1x and 2x archives I can't think of a way to fix it.

Just wait till piaf4 comes out this year......

Tom

PasoFan

Reaction score
I can also confirm compuguy1088 and theo69's experience.

Have followed Tom's instructions in #66 above and confirmed that the piafdl file in /usr/local/sbin is dated February 23, 2015.

However, upon reboot, still runs version 3.0.0 release 102713 install (as in the screenshot in #65 above).

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
download as per #66

goto the /usr/local/sbin

chattr +i piafdl

reboot

if it is still doing it then there is another version of piafdl somewhere in the tree.

When the system reboots what runs? isomenu? if so that is the problem If not I still cannot duplicate it.

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
and I ran the CURRENT version of ISO menu thru the wringer and it is also pulling from the correct area. The only way that it can pull piafdl from the old area is if you are using the 20650 ISO to install PIAF. This no longer works! It is unsupported! you have to use a generic os and then use the preinstaller which pulls the correct rpm from the correct area. I tried installing from the OLD iso and it pulls the OLD version of the piafdl program.

Then again who knows what users do. I have tried can't duplicate your problem unless using the old 20650 ISO

PasoFan

Reaction score
Apparently the ISO menu was trying to overwrite piafdl (BTW, was ISO menu version 3.01), but I guess

chattr +i piafdl

kicked me out of ISO menu.

Once I correctly

chmod 755 piafdl

I was then able to run the downloaded piafdl (dated 2/2015) and install PIAF Black.

Hope this helps someone else...

Thanks, Tom!

compuguy1088

Reaction score
and I ran the CURRENT version of ISO menu thru the wringer and it is also pulling from the correct area. The only way that it can pull piafdl from the old area is if you are using the 20650 ISO to install PIAF. This no longer works! It is unsupported! you have to use a generic os and then use the preinstaller which pulls the correct rpm from the correct area. I tried installing from the OLD iso and it pulls the OLD version of the piafdl program.

Then again who knows what users do. I have tried can't duplicate your problem unless using the old 20650 ISO

I wasn't using an iso image. I was using a script posted on ward's blog on a clean centos 6 vps.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Don't use the ISOMENU program at all please. Not sure what is in Ward's script sorry

Tom

JCass78

Reaction score
I recently setup a rentpbx.com PIAF instance using the PBX in a Flash 3.6.5 (build your own variance, SC base) and chose the PIAF Black option. After it was all said and done, I dont seem to have any incrediblepbx features (travelinman, timezone-setup, update fixes, incrediblefax, etc. Is it possible for me to add these via download/install scripts? Or should I have escaped out of the initial install wizard after connecting and downloaded and ran Ward's script manually?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
PIAF 3X is just that bare bones PBX with all the base goodies. Incredible PBX is a different beast which incorporates the kitchen sink approach and adds "everything" Depends on what you want. Each has a place in the marketplace.

Tom

JCass78

Reaction score
Thank you Tom for clarifying.

I do like the PIAF 3X install, but I just need to add travlin man on rentpbx, and I would like to add incrediblefax, if possible. All the other bells and whistles of Incrediblepbx aren't really needed.

Do you have a suggestion on how I can/should accomplish that with rentpbx?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
at the moment you would have to follow various outlines by Ward. Perhaps when PIAF4 comes out as we are aiming for a unified installer which will allow you to choose either PIAF or Incredible (Remembering that incredible is built on piaf)

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.