TUTORIAL How to Update FreePBX?

l4cky

Reaction score
a dumb question, but how do you upgrade the pbx? how do i know which incredible version i have?

how do i download the version upgrade 2.11.3 and if you tell me the codes, where to "write those codes" (ie terminal?)

notify_notice.png
2 New modules are available

cancel.png
notify_delete.png

The following new modules are available for download. Click delete icon on the right to remove this notice.
fw_langpacks (2.11.2)
versionupgrade (2.11.3)

Added 2 weeks, 3 days, 2

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
l4cky: Running status at Linux CLI will tell you which platform you have? How did you install the software in the first place?? Then do some reading.

Updating FreePBX modules is accomplished by opening the GUI and selecting Admin -> Module Admin -> Check Online -> Upgrade All -> Process

Updating PBX in a Flash is accomplished from the Linux command prompt: update-programs && update-fixes

Updating Incredible PBX is automatic. Just log out and back into Linux as root.

Updating Linux is best left alone unless a specific vulnerability is reported with instructions on how to address it.

Upgrading the PBX means moving to a new major platform. Stay away from that until you master the basics.

l4cky

Reaction score
l4cky: Running status at Linux CLI will tell you which platform you have? How did you install the software in the first place?? Then do some reading.

Updating FreePBX modules is accomplished by opening the GUI and selecting Admin -> Module Admin -> Check Online -> Upgrade All -> Process

Updating PBX in a Flash is accomplished from the Linux command prompt: update-programs && update-fixes

Updating Incredible PBX is automatic. Just log out and back into Linux as root.

Updating Linux is best left alone unless a specific vulnerability is reported with instructions on how to address it.

Upgrading the PBX means moving to a new major platform. Stay away from that until you master the basics.

Thanks the link is good!!

I am not sure how to run status on linux CLI (not sure what CLI is..). However, I installed incrediblePBX following this website instructions. http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9713

I found the link at incrediblepbx website and i am using Ubuntu. According to that installation, it shows the 11.4 incredible pbx version , so I thought it was the most recent one..

I see now I could have installed incrediblePBX 12 instead of 11, is it worth upgrading it? Is 12 a "never version of " 11?

"Just log out and back into Linux as root" = I just turn on the computer and login in the user and log out? that's it? no need to update anything?

john p

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to migrate my existing install over to a Pi B 2 (Ast 11.9.0, FreePBX 2.11.0.34, Incredible PBX 3.11.9, all installed modules current). Any reason to try updating PIAF as part of the migration, as described above? Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.