Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI or PBX IN A Flash

Reynolds

Reaction score
I have been looking at PBX in a flash for a while. Now I see that there is an Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI as well as PBX in a Flash. I am ready to start one and I have never used either . Which should I start with?
I have the following hardware - Digium card for pots line(s) and ip phones (Nortel IP 1535 and Grandstream 2000).
Thanks

vic555

Reaction score
Piaf in a flash has been used by the community for years, and is still supported, where PBX for asterisk is a new development using a modified asterisk GUI. Both work, but the PIAF in a FLASH has been stable under most installations, where as the Asterisk GUI is starting to be proven. Seemingly, the new development though very light and promising, is coming off beta.

I am sure some of the gurus could into more depth, but I thought I would take a stab at the obvious, and wait for a more nuanced answer, if this is discussed further.

Bottom line, PIAF in a Flash for a production environment, unless you want to tinker

awair

Reaction score
A 'beginner's' impression, which may be helpful if you are also beginning:

PIAF is great, but as echoed in the NV article, overly complicated, and overly dependent on 'complicated' components - it is fairly trivial to configure.
Asterisk-Gui promises simplicity, as in simple to run, simple to port or restore - if only it were simple to configure...

As with any project, and PBXes seem like ground-hog day to me (I'm always a beginner, because the previous system worked so well for so long!):
First, I choose the best technical implementation based on recommendations from the web (and then disregard, based on cost)
Second, I choose the best FREE solution (and then also disregard because of lack of clear, comprehensive instructions )
Finally, I choose the solution that provides full WORKING instructions for my scenario!

Luckily, from my perspective, PIAF is number 1, 2 & 3 in this respect!

The new Asterisk-Gui may well become No.1, but until more guides/examples appear (and they will), it may not be suitable for everyone.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
awair As the point man that just invested a month in creating documentation, please let me know what you still need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.