PIONEERS Incredible PBX Asterisk-GUI

deano

Reaction score
Was looking and it seems t*f*t*p is running but the tftpboot directory off the root is not there.

Is there a process I can follow? I am trying to get some endpoints setup so I can test some sangoma hardware.

deano

Reaction score
interesting. Just did a fresh install form cents 6.6 iso. followed the instructions exactly. used my mac terminal with a 140x30 size and it failed. asterisk down on splash screen.

Not sure what the difference is?

Built on esxi 5.5 server with 60gb and 4gb

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Please open a new thread in the help forum. Reading your last several posts, it's difficult to decipher what you're talking about.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi Ward...I am looking with interest at this. Now that you've played with different GUIs can you tell us your thoughts, albeit briefly, which one you prefer and why not taking into account any political drama? :)

Thanks leon

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi Ward...I am looking with interest at this. Now that you've played with different GUIs can you tell us your thoughts, albeit briefly, which one you prefer and why not taking into account any political drama? :)

Probably not. :taz:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The competition (if you want to call it that) has about an 8-year head start with an annual million dollar plus payroll of devs at the moment. So I really don't think it would be fair to compare products on the first week of release of Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI. If there's interest, we will stick with it. Otherwise, we'll try something else. Performance-wise, it runs circles around the competition. Ditto for security. Ditto for design. It's bloat-free and there's no spaghetti code to hide how things work. It's Mark Spencer's GUI which kinda says it all. Everything pretty much is stored in the traditional Asterisk config files so you're not dependent upon MySQL for much of anything, and we plan to phase out MySQL completely in coming releases. In short, Asterisk won't blow up if MySQL croaks or if MySQL databases get corrupted. And one final guarantee... you'll never get squeezed for money if you deploy this commercially with customers. Aside from those observations, give it some time. :chef:

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm.

The knockd config has 3 UDP ports *and* looks for a SYN flag. Not gonna happen, UDP has no flags. Changed to TCP in the config file, restart, and it works. Wonder why this ever worked on Ubuntu?

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Oh, and I support MySQL in my day job. (Along with postgreSQL, Sybase, Sybase IQ, SQL Server) I would be quite happy if it went away from the PBX install. Unless you have a major installation, you just don't need that level of complexity. There's a reason that SQLite is used pretty much everywhere (besides being free). It works, it works well and it's tiny. If you're so big you *need* mySQL, well, good luck. (And, have a gander at MariaDB...)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hmmm.

The knockd config has 3 UDP ports *and* looks for a SYN flag. Not gonna happen, UDP has no flags. Changed to TCP in the config file, restart, and it works. Wonder why this ever worked on Ubuntu?

Thanks. Fixed in .02 release this morning. Can't believe we missed this... for months!

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
(Is this anything that impacts other I-PBX knockd implementations on any of the other platforms that we need to tweak? Haven't yet looked but I-PBX installed knockd on my cloud installations, yet I am easily able to access the instance using one of the knocking programs and UDP...)

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
This project seems to be coming together nicely. One biggy for me is pjsip. How much work is required to get Asterisk 12-13 and chan_pjsip support? Maybe there is something I can do....if it's within my capabilities.

I have been using it with that other gui and it works really well. It looks to me like chan_pjsip will be the way to go moving forward.

For those who haven't used it yet, it seems to solve some major problems with chan_sip so it's not an if it ain't broke type situation. chan_sip has some limitations that chan_pjsip seems to have remedied.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Coming Monday: The Gotcha-Free PBX: Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI Application User’s Guide

B8ru3OhCAAAGcdt.jpg:large

B8iXxmPIgAEm4db.jpg:large

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi ward...you are prolific :) looking forward to it. Many thanks

Leon

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Looking forward to that guide.

I think this has been suggested already but it would be nice if the code was posted on something like github or bitbucket or ? so that people could file bug reports and send pull requests etc.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
smarks: The server design is such that the traditional github and bitbucket approaches won't work for us. A pull request from github would never get something as complex as this functioning. However, all of the source code is available in every download. This includes the original Asterisk-GUI code as well as our modified code as well as dozens of applications for Asterisk. You're more than welcome to tweak things and share your code here. In addition, bug reports filed here are always welcomed and encouraged.

Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke up your :asshole:, there are 500+ RPM, Asterisk, python, perl, and many other dependencies to get all of this stuff working. This is in addition to MySQL, SQLite3, Asterisk DB databases, PHP customized apps, PHP and AGI and ODBC scripts, and dialplan code from numerous open source providers, and on and on and on. And we haven't even gotten to the security components and design. Could it all be reworked to fit within the GitHub paradigm? Probably. But I'm not going to waste 6 months, 12 months, or 2 years doing it. You or someone else is more than welcome to take that on and share the results, but I'm still scratching my head wondering what the benefit to anybody would be. :crazy:

If you have code to contribute, by all means send it our way. We'll integrate it and show you how we did it. What other possible benefit would github offer??

MORAL OF THE STORY: Just because it looks simple and is easy to use doesn't mean a fast food worker could slap the pieces together properly. But, once it's properly assembled, all of the source is exposed, and it's quite simple to make changes and improvements. We'll cover all of that on Nerd Vittles starting Monday morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.