BUG Cant install PIAF, issue with 'stopping ntp services'

paulnye

Guru
Reaction score
Im having failure to install PIAF 3 or PIAF 2.065. It hangs at the 'stopping ntp services'. Both times I tried clean install from scratch. After 5 mins I ctrl-C then it picks back up, but fails later when again it hangs 'stopping ntp services'.
Any ideas anyone?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Can't replicate the problem. Worked fine for me this morning. What type platform and hardware??

paulnye

Guru
Reaction score
Its vmware 5.1 The strange thing is that I have installed test PIAF pbx's before on this very platform without an issue, but now I am stuck trying to get any of the versions installed. I'll work in it a bit more and see what I can come up with.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Interesting I am sitting in a DC watching a new install. 2.06.4.5 and It started DAHDI, Said Shutting down NTP [OK]

But nothing more for awhile.. beginning to wonder about my install.

------------------------------------

CentOS 6.4 32Bit
Green 3.0.4 121113

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Update -- Decided to hit Ctl-C

immediately -- Starting NTP an processing again --

paulnye

Guru
Reaction score
I also tried ctrl-c to make the install continue, but its only momentary relief because next reboot the same thing happens. It will endlessly hang on 'stopping NTP..'

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Actually - with my install, after each CTL +C (3 in All) the NTP Starting message appeared and then the install just continued....

I did run into another issue, FOPFIX29.TGZ Download Failed as well - But again, despite the message that it was probably a miss configured network connection even after all the YUM stuff (524 Modules) had downloaded. The process continued to run and I believe I have a clean complete install on that box. Since I do not use FOP or FOP2 on the DC box.

Only time will tell.

============================

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
PS: Mine was on Hardware, and I was on the "console" not a VM instance.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
FOPFix is a documented issue - I've seen it posted here before and if I recall correctly, Tom (darmock) has said to ignore the error.

johnny2000

Reaction score
Same here, during installation, it stops at the "stopping ntpd service", I've installed piaf on this machine before. The server is proliant 360 G3. Anyone had fixed this problem? Thank you.

tom blunt

Reaction score
Im having the same issue with PIAF20650-i386 running on a HP desktop core i7. had the same error with a HP-ML150 server gerade hardware aswell

johnny2000

Reaction score
Anyone have solve this issue? I did some search regarding the NTP, and it seems that it is because of the internet provider blocking port 123. In my case, all of my polycom phones stop giving the right time and date if I use any ntp server outside of my network. It started only when I change from regular DSL to VDSL. Today I did another install with a new downloaded PIAF 2.0.65, and the problem still exist, it hangs up on the 'stopping ntp services'. I am in Montreal and I use ACANAC vdsl which basically using Bell DSL network. I am not sure if this is the reason why it hangs up.

Dhananjay Kashyap

Reaction score
  • Open new terminal.

service ntpd stop

• You will see installation will continue where it was stuck.

• Repeat it until when ever script hang while 'stopping ntp services'
It works perfectly file with me, hope it will solve your problem as well. Keep me posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.