FOOD FOR THOUGHT Anyone seen caller-id in Italy?

Reaction score
I would like to know if caller id in Italy typically displays like this:

0550621264 (which includes the area code 055)

or does it display like:

390550621264 (which include the country code also)

additionally would it matter if I dialed the country code (39) when calling within Italy from a landline or mobile or would it be ignored and the call would go through anyway.

Reaction score
Interesting observations but my question relates to what someone in Italy would see on their caller id if someone called them from within Italy ie: like Florence to Florence

Reaction score
I have a DID in florence with Anveo and I have an outgoing trunk in Asterisk that will send whatever caller id number I like and have tested it with and without the country code. I'm sending the caller id of the DID number.
My question relates more to what someone in italy, who has caller -id, like a hotel, is accustomed to seeing if someone from within Italy calls the hotel? With or without the country code (39)

Cynjut

Reaction score
That would be an interesting test. Please let us know what happens.

Of course, what gets displayed will probably vary based on the PBX they are using.

If I ran the telephone systems throughout the world, I'd make it so that whatever was needed to hit (*69) and get connected would be what got displayed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.