PIONEERS Incredible PBX Asterisk-GUI

Bob Helbush

Reaction score

I'm continuing to follow along with beta1 on the Foxconn box. No bugs to report so far.

The menu recording that you get when you dial in and hit * seems like a relic of the past. Also it would be nice to be able to configure more than one Google Voice trunk from the GUI. Picky things about a stable beta. :)

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
I always thought Asterisk GUI had potential. Hopefully we can get some momentum going.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Speak to any friends you have in Huntsville. Now is the time! :sorcerer:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Beta2 of Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI is now available. Includes some minor tweaks as well as the all-new Email and SMS Reminders app for Asterisk.

Visit http://yourIPaddress/email-reminders on your server to schedule them.

SMS reminders are supported using the SMS Email Addressing syntax. Complete list of supported phone providers with proper syntax is available here.

B7-TcOcIAAAyBS0.jpg:large

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Woohoo. I am going to start playing with this soon. I have been crazy overloaded at the day job and getting a new building built. I've been doing some reading on this, but was still wondering if there is the option to allow users access to their user panel for voicemail directly without giving away the admin password. My users love that with Incredible on Ubuntu and I only let them do it from whitelisted IPs.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Is there an upgrade procedure from the first Incredilble pbx asterisk-gui or do we do a complete new install.

gary.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off starting fresh. Just copy off your extensions.sip and gv stuff.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Ward: Should we now be taking a more closer look at this distro and start reporting any short comings, I have not reported any problems as I thought this was still in it's "lets just take a look at this and see what potential it might have" stage. I am currently running it at my home which is only light usage.

Gary.

deano

Reaction score
just did a fresh install from cents 6.5

It did not stop to allow me to reboot after the 6.6 upgrade.

System reports asterisk is down on the status screen.

Everything else seemed to install fine. Can't find an install log like when installing green.

P.S. I have been having issues trying to install PiaF3 green, Blue also in the last couple days. Maybe something on the OS updates has changed.

deano

Reaction score
I did run it twice. After running it the second time it told me that IncrediblePBX-GUI was already installed. Followed the instructions exactly to a T.

I will try again tomorrow and see what I missed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
deano: Starting a new install now from the latest CentOS 6.5 minimal link in the article. Will let you know how it goes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those new to compiling Asterisk, be advised that...

Before beginning the install, make sure your terminal window size is at least eighty characters wide and twenty-seven lines high. Otherwise, Asterisk will not compile properly.

We have added this caveat to the original article.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I just finished a bare metal install with Centos 6.6 minimal all went smooth no problems.

gary

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ditto here. Sorry, deano, but we'll need more info to find the problem with your installs. Assuming you're using the 64-bit version of CentOS 6.5 from the link in the tutorial, either your network is flakey or it's the size of the terminal window you were using during the install. Those are the only two issues that jump out from what you've reported.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Brought this up on a Cloud At Cost instance. Seems to work OK (+/- general network/server flakiness. I've seen it take upwards of a minute to connect via SSH.)

Knockd is *not* working. Haven't had time to play with that yet. I had a PBXIAF install on Ubuntu on that same server earlier, knockd *did* work there. BTW, I do have a formula to get iOS to knock OK, but you (of course) need to be jailbroken first.

deano

Reaction score
Success wardmundy

I changed from using terminal on my mac to putty. Going to try the other Green/Blue Installs now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.