QUESTION On Hold Timeout

Mark Thompson

Reaction score
I have a newly installed Incredible PBX 12 system on Ubuntu 14.04 with a TDM410 2FXO 2 FXS card. The 2 FXS are extensions in a ring group Incoming call are pointed to the ring group (through an IVR). This is all working with the exception of not getting incoming CID appearance, but I haven't exhausted researching solutions (any suggestions would be welcomed though).

With this setup an extension can place a call on hold by hookswitch, flash key, or ## - all work with the caller getting MOH and the extension getting dialtone. After placing the call on hold if the extension hangs up the extension gets immediate ringing. Going offhook reconnects with the caller.

I can not find a configuration setting for this ring back or any reference for this feature / behavior anywhere on the web. I would like to place a call on hold and not have it ring right away. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

mark

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
for caller id check /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf for callerid=asreceived

Mark Thompson

Reaction score
in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
Code:
usecallerid=yes

chan_dahdi_general_custom.conf is empty

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
From Digium knowledgebase
How to Auto-Configure Telephony Cards

It is possible to auto-configure a telephony card within dahdi however, fine tuning may need to be done in order to allow the card to function properly within individual installations.
  1. Run dahdi_cfg
  2. Run dahdi_genconf -vv
  3. Add the line #include dahdi-channels.conf in /etcc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
After this is done, dahdi_tool should be used to verify that the span turns green for each span that you have connected.
Any further alterations to the configuration can be done within /etc/dahdi/system.conf

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
After placing the ext on hold the phone rings immediately. If you don't answer and let it ring is the ringing a normal ring or is there a longer silence between rings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.