FOOD FOR THOUGHT Replacing GoogleVoice voicemail TTS...

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
Yeah the value really depends on the application. I see text-to-speech as a nicety that could save people a few seconds (not listening to a VM) and I can't see paying much for that. But for your application, the current Nexiwave price is actually much cheaper than hiring someone to create transcripts.

jeremy finney

Reaction score
i've tried the paid nexiwave service for a while and I have not been satisfied with the quality. (most transcripts read like this: I'm GERMANY Hardesty's might color Summit I'm oh, I believe Cox is going to activate the about Trevor's over there trouble sixty-seven sometime tomorrow afternoon)

I wanted to get confirmation that google STT is no longer an option for voicemails (cause that would be optimal)

barring that, has anyone found voicemail transcription options at a price similar to nexiwave.

bobkoure

Reaction score
What I really want is an automated attendant that interacts with the caller, letting them edit* a summary of their message "to be sent as a text", which, of course, can also be saved as a summary.
Also, having worked with Dragon (ages ago ), being able to go to single-user speech reco makes things a lot more reliable; this is done with what we'd think of today as "heatmaps". No reason a heatmap can't be kept for each number leaving a message.

*edit, as in record, TTS, then STT to read it back, say yes or press 1 for OK, etc.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
What I really want is an automated attendant that interacts with the caller, letting them edit* a summary of their message "to be sent as a text", which, of course, can also be saved as a summary.

Wow... now I know I am getting old!

Back in the day of the rotary phone, someone would call and say... "Allo... Statute?". Times certainly have changed. :eek:)

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Working on this. API is easy. Just modifying files now. Anyone else got it going?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.