TIPS Installation not proceeding

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
The latest CentOS based installaiton doesn't seem to want to go much further than the script being run the first time.

After the intial reboot... things stay the same, re-executing ./piaf3-install just repeats the same process over and over...

Also, during CentOS install, I could not get the swapfile to to stick to sda2, the moment I add the 3rd partition (primary checked, fill size), swap would switch to sda3...

Any ideads?..

Riz

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Its not hanging - just not going anywhere.

First problem happens at the time of CentOS install, Nerd's instructions state SDA1 and 3 to be Ext4, Primary, and SDA2 is the swap file... no matter how many attempts I've made, start with, 200 block SDA1 (Primary), SDA2: 2nd one, 2048 for swap file, it gets created as SDA2, then, I go onto the 3rd one, the swapfile partiton automaitcally becomes SDA3 and the large primary partition that should've been SDA3 becomes SDA2. I thought maybe that doesn't make any differnce.... (does it??)... and proceeded with installtion...

Everything got installed, rebooted, wget piaf3-install.tar.gz, run it, it updates, download, reboots, and then, back to log into the box... nothing happens.. run ./piaf3-install again and again, but the Select PRogram option never comes up.

Riz

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Maybe related to the mods to the PIAF scripts because of the Thanksgiving pear.db issue? Just wondering.......

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
RizSher Sounds like a problem with your base CentOS setup. I don't know your hardware so I can't help much on that. Getting that far is kinda your baby. The Nerd Vittles tutorial is a generalized CentOS setup but, depending upon how exotic your drives and platform are, things could be very different. You basically need a CentOS 6.5 platform that will boot properly with adequate drive space in the primary partition BEFORE you begin with the PIAF3 installer. Sounds like you may be out of drive space. You shouldn't need to run piaf3 installer a second time. After the reboot, it should give you a choice of options when you log in without doing anything else.

I'm doing a clean install on Digital Ocean with the CentOS 6.5 (64-bit) OS and have encountered no problems selecting PIAF-Green with Asterisk 11 and FreePBX 2.11. The rest of the install proceeded normally.

Not trying to pass the buck, but this is a CentOS install issue with your hardware, and I'm not sure we have sufficient info at this juncture for anyone to be of much help.

B4SKKkdCQAA3QGI.jpg:large

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Understood Ward. So, tried againt on a new Foxconn BT-29 nano PC. CentOS installed fine, the Piaf3 script ran and ran for ages and seemed to have been churning away nicely until, after the Asterisk Make stage... then, crash and burn again :(

Make -C sounds install
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/sounds'
--2014-12-21 19:05:50-- http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/t...es/asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-1.4.15.tar.gz
Resolving downloads.asterisk.org... 76.164.171.238, 2001:470:e0d4::ee
Connecting to downloads.asterisk.org|76.164.171.238|:80... failed: Connection timed out.
Connecting to downloads.asterisk.org|2001:470:e0d4::ee|:80... failed: Network is unreachable.
make[1]: *** [asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-1.4.15.tar.gz] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/sounds'
make: *** [datafiles] Error 2

Got this message

Code:
<<>> Now checking to see if asterisk compiled correctly
EXPERIMENTAL BUILD VERIFICATION
<<>>ERROR Asterisk green seems to have failed to compile!
This install will continue but you may have to hand
compile Asterisk! Please check the /var/log/install-green.log
Press ENTER to continue! PLEASE NOTE THIS NOTIFICATION MAY BE
IN ERROR AS THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL TEST
If you are going to report this in the forums you need to include
1. Hardware or virtualized system 2. Initial install or update-source
3. What ISO version you used 4. What else you have done to your system
WITHOUT THIS INFO YOUR POST WILL BE IGNORED!
Tap the ENTER key to continue

Have tried to goto http://downloads.asterisk.org and http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/t...es/asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-1.4.15.tar.gz from my Windows machine, and the page appears offline for both addresses. Done a bit of googling, either the digium page is down, OR, (though highly unlikely) the files have been moved to an alternate location.
Done this twice today, starting from the full CentOS install, onto this point. IF, it is just the site down at the moment, if I want to continue from where it left off, would running the piaf3 script be OK, or would i need to re-install CentOS from scratch?.
Thanks for your help.
Riz

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Digium's servers often take naps over the weekend. I've seen it in the past. Just tested from my side and it's working to download. Have you tried it today?

Edit: You should be able to just restart the PIAF install (post-CentOS) by running piaf-dl (or piafdl or some such) at the CLI.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Digium's servers often take naps over the weekend. I've seen it in the past. Just tested from my side and it's working to download. Have you tried it today?

Edit: You should be able to just restart the PIAF install (post-CentOS) by running piaf-dl (or piafdl or some such) at the CLI.

Thanks Rossiv. I gathered as muich about the Digium servers from various posts google came up with. Towards the evening the servers were back (I visists downloads.asterisk.org before trying again) and third time lucky, everything went as planned.

Maybe Ward can add a note to the installation instructions to that effect.

Riz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.