SOLVED SIP Registration Time?

john p

Reaction score
I'm having a recurring problem with my 2 Pi PIAF boxes losing registration with 1 or 2 trunks (I have 2). While I've tried a bunch of things, nothing has worked. Can I change the time allowed for a registration attempt? Below is a sanitizes example of the log entry.

NOTICE[3153] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for '???@???.vitelity.net' timed out, trying again

john p

Reaction score
Thanks for thee pointers & I've tried the ideas they contained. I've tried the options. The router is a recent DD-WRT on a Linksys, in the DMZ for a UVerse gateway. Everything just works for weeks then, usually on a weekend, registration goes south on one or both trunks. Both providers show they are up & both the UV gateway & DD-WRT report no packet drops or connection issues on the WAN side Note that the 2 Pi PIAF's I have are side by side. Normally I leave one down. For testing or sstem maintenance, I bring up the other box. When everything is working properly, each successfully registers to the Vestalink & Vitelity trunks. When the problem occurs, at most I get 2 successful registrations across both boxes & have not been able to predict which box will drop which trunk. Vitelity seems to drop more that Vestalink but I see each losing sync. Rebooting both boxes means 1 will get both trunks registered for a while. Down the other & in less than an hour, back to registration loss. I'm confused.

john p

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. Reg w/ string not IP. DNS is fine. Have tried changing string to IP & added local DNS for trunk IP''s with no impact. Ping/tracert from either trunk url from either box works (& Win7 PC on same LAN) when reg is failing. With 2 identical boxes (except local IP), usually both register both vendors' trunks w/ no errors. When problem occurs, 1 box will lose 1~2 trunks registration but the other will have what the 1st has lost. Problem has recurred for the last year every 2-4 months for about 2~4 days then reverts. Both Pi are current from module admin & shell update-my-pi. So wondering if I can relax the registration timing allowed but haven't found a setting. Any ideas welcome.

john p

Reaction score
Today, when regular TS hours opened, Vitelity gave me an alternate server string. When I used it, about 4 hours ago, registration came up immediately & has stayed up. They did not say but I'm assuning this was related to some problem on their end, even though their support site showed no issues, as best I could tell, over the weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.