SOLVED OBi Fine Tuning

PBXEHR

Reaction score
I have an Obi110 and am using the line (FXO) port to connect Asterisk to the real world. It's working but it needs a little tweaking.

1) The Obi110 answers after one ring, it replaces MaBell's ring with it's own while it is sending the call to Asterisk. The Obi ring tone is a different pitch/sound from the traditional sound.

I've clicked on Physical Interfaces - LINE Port - Default Ring
No matter what I set it to (1-10) the ring I hear is exactly the same.
Reading the Obi manual, this is supposed to change the ringing sound but nothing happens?

2) The Obi110 answers on the first ring and then it takes an additional three rings before it rings my extension. (For testing, the route goes straight to my extension.) The caller hears four rings before I hear the first ring on my extension. If I pick up immediately, that's five rings. I need to answer the phone on the callers second ring.

I've clicked on Physical Interfaces - LINE Port - RingDelay
Even when I set it to 0, it still takes the four rings before I hear a ring. No matter what # I type in, the # of rings does not change.

I'm at a loss as to why my changes have no effect. It works fine with Asterisk otherwise in that all of my settings are working to make Obi-Asterisk receive/make calls.

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
I also use the OBi110 for this purpose. I have never observed an OBi answer a call, without a phone going off hook, and without the AA being invoked. Is it possible your PBX is the one answering the call?

My LINE Port InboundCallRoute is simply {sp1(incoming)} . incoming is a valid extension on my PBX, which is configured on sp1. Have you checked the console in verbose mode, or as a last resort, SIP DEBUG to investigate what is going on in more detail?

You will need to increase RingDelay in order for Caller ID to work. This means that when things are working properly, callers will hear one ring before your phone rings. This is a technical limitation of the way Caller ID is done in North America and is not related to the OBi or your PBX. I have mine set to 2750.

PBXEHR

Reaction score
When the PBX answers a call on a Vitelity SIP port, the phone immediately rings. It's only when it comes in on the OBi port that it rings four times.

PBXEHR

Reaction score
On the Obi: My inbound call route is SP2(8061234567) which is the phone # on this port.
In PBXinaFlash: Trunk Name: obitrunk1 USER Context: 8061234567
Port is set to 5061 on Obi and PBXinaFlash.

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
I can't see any problems there. In that case, I would recommend you continue with troubleshooting and inspect the console in verbose mode when a call arrives. This will prove or disprove my theory, and give you an idea of what is going on when the problem is happening.

Just to check - you're rebooting the OBi after you make your change to RingDelay, correct?

PBXEHR

Reaction score
I think it reboots, every time I commit any changes to the device.

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
Hi PBXEHR, how is the troubleshooting going?

Reaction score
There is a setting for that... On the LINE port set DetectOutboundConnectMethod to NONE

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
The OP is having problems with inbound calls.

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
The outbound call from the OBi to Asterisk is via SIP. Not via the LINE port. Per the manual, this option allows you to "select a method to detect if an outbound call on the PSTN line has been answered". Since the OP is not making an outbound call on the PSTN line, this setting is unlikely to solve his problem.

Reaction score
oops.... I worked with OBI to add that setting. I remembered it incorrectly. My issue was that when dialing out on an Asterisk trunk the OBI would supply its own ringing which wasn't needed and sounded unprofessional when it switched. The setting provided different handling of the SIP 180 message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.