SOLVED in the thread HylaFAX / AvantFax for PIAF! (New modems show [Please wait] not [Idle] like it should

nateornat

Reaction score
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3 under *HARDWARE* x
x FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.12 x
x Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.20.1 x
x Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.20.1 x
x Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1 x
x Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12 x
x IP Address = 192.xx.xx.xx on eth0 x
x Operating System = CentOS release 6.3 (Final) x
x Kernel Version = 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit x
x Incredible PBX 3 Version = 3.1.0

I have HylaFAX / AvantFax working with the standard 4 modems but am in need of more. I followed the instructions in the thread "HylaFAX / AvantFax for PIAF! - Parts 1-4" to the letter. everything seems to load right but the modems only show up as [please wait] in the Avantfax GUI. all the others that installed with the original program are working good and show [idle]. Any ideas what can help to get this working. Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Look at /etc/init.d/rc.local and add your new items there. Then reboot.

nateornat

Reaction score
Ward, thanks a million for your help.
I do not have a /etc/init.d/rc.local file. But i did have a /etc/init folder (maybe this is the same) and after snooping around in there i noticed the new modem was not in that list of "faxgetty1.conf" modems. I added and rebooted and IT WORKS! Thanks so much for your help.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.