TRY THIS Poly IP301: web config?

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting a system with a bunch of 301s, and while nmap told me port 80 was being listened to, pointing a browser there didn't get me anywhere; there *is* supposed to be a web interface on that model, right? All I ever configured that way, back in the day<tm> were 600s and 601s.

mbellot

Reaction score
If you're using PIAF then endpoint manager is the easiest way to get the (basic) phone up and running.

I have a couple 501s that wouldn't work any other way...

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Is there any documentation on the EPM? I saw the free version in the I11 load, but wasn't having a whole lot of luck sussing it.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
The Polycom SPIP301 is a 2 line phone with a smaller screen and does not have the "microbrowser" as the SPIP501 and 601 do (they have larger screens)

I have the files for working with the tftpboot folder if you don't mind manual editing of text files.

Also the SPIP301/501/601 lines can only go as high as 3.1.7 (I have those files too)

PM me an email and I will send you the folder(s) you need

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
I was insufficiently clear, I guess, Kevin:

I'm talking about pointing a web browser at *the HTTP server in the phone*, and whether that exists; not using the phone as a browser to do other things.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Oh Ok Check the phone's assigned IP (from the phone) and enter that in the browser (e.g 192.168.1.223) a login window may appear and I believe the username was Plycm and admin stuff password 1234 (if not just google default password for SPIP) user settings password I think was 456

I dropped Polycoms for the New drandstream GXP2140's so I have 1 each 301/501/601 and 601 sidecar -- sidecar only works as speeddials due to lack of support in the highest firmware the phone can take

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
Uh huh; that's the behaviour I expected. :)

Alas, the behavior I *got* was "Port 80: connection timed out."

This client inherited 6 or 7 of these, which was the only real reason why replacing their FBPX seemed a good idea, so it seems incumbent on me to get them working; I've done all the configuration through the screen menus, but the one I was working on still won't register, so I've clearly got something wrong. Punched a NAT to the box, but had to bounce the modem, and don't have dyndns set up yet, so I'm awaiting a new IP from the client.

th2112

Reaction score
You can only do so much with the config from the web browser any way. you may want to look into editing the t*f*t*p files to load your config. There is a way to default the phone if you wanted to start over with a clean plate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.