NO JOY Occasional loss of registration with VoIP.ms using GXV3240

Tom Clark

Reaction score
We installed a Grandstream GXV3240 in my wife's office a couple of weeks ago, and it worked right out of the box, but a few days later it lost registration to the VoIP.ms server for a few hours. Rebooting the phone solves the problem, as does waiting for a few hours for it to re-register. I talked with VoIP.ms tech support, and they had me change the SIP Port Number, but the problem reappeared a few days later. When I contacted them again, they suggested that it might be related to SIP ALG or SPI Firewall settings and suggested that I disable them. Unfortunately, I am not affiliated with the tech support people at her office, so asking them to disable settings on their firewall is out of the question. VoIP.ms also suggested changing the SIP transport from UDP to TCP. Does this sound like a viable solution? If so, I'll have my wife change the configuration once she gets into the office. Also, since the GXV3240 has VPN capability, would routing the phone through a VPN provider bypass the ALG and SPI settings that VoIP.ms was talking about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.