SUGGESTIONS Incoming call foward to cell phone

Brianmac

Reaction score
How do I take an incoming call to an extension and forward it to an external number. So the extension will never get a voice-mail, all calls go to outside cell#. This user will only be in th office a few times a year....

Thanks,
Brian

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Simple.

Set Extension followme to RingAllv2 with an initial ring time of 0 and in extension list put his desk ext (if he has one and the Dell number in the format of
2223334567# (note the "hash/pound" on the end this is what allows the external dialing out an apporpriate trunk

Also set the confirm calls to off -- submit _ Apply Changes and you should be good to go (you can also disable his voicemail (on extensions page) so no voicemail is allowed to be left.)
When you do that however on the followMe for this person set the "Destination if No Answer" to somewhere/someone where a message CAN be left (maybe company operator where an email can be sent to the person).

Hope this helps

Brianmac

Reaction score
Thanks I played with follow me, but didn't work. I will give this a go.
The other thing is, as a newbie - I only make changes after hours(and not early morning). Learned my lesson more than once about doing "changes" during working hours with this stuff. As a pretty established and knowledgeable network guy(over 23+ years - not an expert, always learning, but very comfortable). I feel like a scared little kid getting into this phone world... I've gained a few grey hairs during this learning process....

Thanks again!
Brian

john p

Reaction score
Since I wanted the desk phone to ring 1st on a similar issue, I created an extension pointing to the cell# & set the extension "no answer" option to forward to that extension. Hope this helps.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
yup Internal to External just go to Follow Me and replace the EXT# with a Cell Number 8002553700# never place the US Code +1 or 1, only area code and number and always add the #, try not to make EXT# with a cell or phone number it sometimes confuses the system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.