RECOMMENDATIONS Have you all seen this yet?

Nobbie

Reaction score
Was talking to a dealer today about ordering some Yealink phones and he asked whether I would consider a Fanvil phone. Never heard about that company so went to check them out online. ALl I can say is WOW. Haven't laid hands on their phones yet but they sure look good. The specs are very much on par with Yealink, I think.

I was particularly blown away by the C400 Android phone. You can have a look at the lineup on their website.

Please see attached pic of the C400 in all its glory.

See video of C600 here, which is basically the same as the C400.

DISCLAIMER: I have no association with Fanvil. I have only heard about them today and thought I would share with everyone here. I know how Ward loves to play with toys, especially the Android kind.

Attachments

• fanvilc400.jpg
    fanvilc400.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 38

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Looks pretty.

Cost? Availability? Who is going to support it in the US (Europe, etc.)?
Oh, and specs?

Reaction score
Firmware, Documentation, Support ........ is key. Grandstream had come out with an IP-Android phone a couple of years ago that looked nice and could barely dial correctly.

SkykingOH

Guru
Reaction score
The Panasonic Android phone was equally ratty. The Android version didn't pull from the play store only a Panasonic repo.

I wish the company that made the iPad doc phones would DOA Nexus 7 version.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Firmware, Documentation, Support ........ is key. Grandstream had come out with an IP-Android phone a couple of years ago that looked nice and could barely dial correctly.

It took over a year to get a firmware update on the GXP2200 so that it didn't lose digits when you dialed. Buyer Beware always applies with new technology!

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Sign me up for a Fanvil D800, I like android 2.1

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Personally, I'd stick with the known and good working Yealink. If price is consideration, then I'd go with the new Grandstream stuff. On the Fanvil, let someone else do the heavy lifting of new products and getting their firmwares to work right or you'll drive yourself nuts.

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
The Fanvil C62 appears to be identical to the Cortelco C62 at Telephony Depot (and if you look at the partners section of Fanvil's site, Cortelco is a US partner). One compelling feature it has that almost no other phone has is IAX2 support. Because of that, we are planning on trying a couple for use as remote phones.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I have had great luck with the atcom line with IAX2 support. I have used their AT640 and AG198 devices. Currently I have an AG198 device located in europe which connects to my pbx here in the US. At the other end of the AG198 there is a simple analog phone and the AG198 is plugged into a router. Works like a champ although the voice quality can be somewhat variable at times. My better half travels the country doing locums and she carries the at640 with her. While it requires a hardwire connection a travel router is a wonderful thing. Never had a problem and the voice quality is better than the standalone device. Pity more manufacturers do not support IAX2 and it is a superior protocol for road warriors and others. I even use IAX2 trunks that run through neorouter to connect several disparate PBX's.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.