DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I purchased the DEV2 package and installed everything quickly with 9 trunks. My issue came in to play when sometimes using the GUI, it would just freeze for at least a minute when saving a USER or DEVICE, sometimes just disconnecting. I could see running TOP, it all looked normal, but there was a terrible lag.

Not sure it's currently a good VoIP alternative, but it's certainly appealing as a web hosting site. One gets the feeling that the CloudAtCost folks are swamped with business and growing pains at the moment... not unlike the fellow laying track in front of the steaming locomotive.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CloudAtCost has 60% off all servers for Cyber Monday.

B3zL678IQAA_sH6.jpg:large

Dedicated servers are a whopping 75% off...

B3zLTOmCIAANzg7.jpg:large

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I splurged on that $14 one-time payment.

But: trying to install IPBX12 is a no go. I have a Ubuntu-14.04.1-LTS-64bit instance running, and using the CAC built-in tty/ssh console interface I followed the NerdVittles directions given for a DigitalOcean install. All seems to work up through the initial patching of Ubuntu, but upon running the IncrediblePBX script the second time things break and no joy. I'll open a new thread to discuss but right now I have no info because the console seems to shut down during install. Entering asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv from the command prompt fails. Moreover, all day long the server instance has shown 99% CPU in the CAC CPanel (which is not reflected when you log in via ssh). Maybe there is trouble at CAC. I'm using the built-in console ssh because without doing some editing to the as-installed 14.04 instance I can't Putty in as root; only user.

Edit to add: I just read about Sourceforge being down. I wonder if that has an impact on my install attempts...

zorka

Guru
Reaction score
It was down, up again now.
I have IPBX12 running on a developer2 without problem (besides webmin not being installed because of sourceforge problem when installing)

just login as user/password and then do "su -l" for your root session

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Over the past few months I've tried different combos of CentOS and Ubuntu installs with the appropriate scripts, and they've almost always worked. Currently using Ubuntu install on a Developer3 system.
Monday I did a install on a Developer2 system, CentOS 6.5 and that one failed to install asterisk. Not sure why, I did not investigate, just blew away the VM and left it for another day (I was trying to get an A2Billing system running to play with).
I have found with CAC that at times network latency gets pretty bad. They usually fix it up in an hour or so, but for a realtime system it really hurts it for a while.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I actually have two production machines running on two Dev2 instances and (knock on wood) they have been running just fine. Sometimes the interfaces seem a little slower and it can lag a bit on the CLI when initially SSHing in, but call quality has been fine.

They create a swap file during the initial build and do not use two loopback interfaces like DO does.

$28 one time sure beats $10 per month to DO, however I think there might be some kind of connection between the too by looking at their IP ranges.

Here is one, but they are both the same.

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 3.13.59 PM.png

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
finally picked up a developer and developer 2, how long do they take to re-image?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I have a single developer instance and I am pleased with it thus far. Things I have noticed:

The cpanel usually presents invalid data. When I would create an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS image it would always show 99% CPU and wacky info for either or both disk and memory. I opened a ticket and was told that that graph was broken and due to be fixed.

Ticketing is fairly responsive, except on weekends...

Re-imaging does usually only take a few minutes, but on occasion it can take much longer. "it depends."

The Ubuntu that is installed prevents root access via ssh, as noted above in this thread. You can edit the relevant setting from the cpanel terminal, or use "user" instead to initiate the ssh session.

Thus far, very good value.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
the debian images are scary they are pre openssl vulnerability

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
the debian images are scary they are pre openssl vulnerability

The Ubuntu 14.04 LTS images are good though, yes?

In any event I updated mine in the usual fashion, as well as seeing the I-PBX scripts run during ssh login...

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
for some reason, cloudatcost have just given me a third at the cybermonday pricing.

not complaining.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
looks like cloudatcost are still suffering issues at present, major upgrade was carried out last night and it's screwed up networking on any instance I create.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
looks like cloudatcost are still suffering issues at present, major upgrade was carried out last night and it's screwed up networking on any instance I create.

"upgrade" is probably the wrong word. :chris:

kenn10

Reaction score
12/25/2014 08:53 am
  • icon_user.png
    Posted by Jason Barnes

Alert - Resolve Loss of network Problem.

Some users are experiencing an issue where their virtual network adapter has become disconnected.
We have applied a fix in the reboot process.

To resolve this issue simply login to the panel at panel.cloudstcost.com and reboot your server you are having an issue with.

Click Power > Click Reboot

Note: Rebooting from the command-line will not work.

Thanks for your continued business.

CloudAtCost team.
Looks like this was the fix to the issue. They also did an "Upgrade" on 12/23/14 according to their announcements page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.