QUESTION Parked call with a blinking extension light

Albert S

Reaction score
Hi all,

So here is my use case. I have two different users in different rooms.

Extension 100 receptionist and Extension 101 tier 2 engineer that has a queue of customers waiting in the line for getting their work done.

Whenever someone calls, Extension 100 answers and parks the call after writing the customer's contact info. After he is done writing down customer's information, he has to yell at Extension 101 user, "Heeeey! I parked a call on 71, please grab it! OK?" :) and tier 2 engineers then grabs the call.

So user at Extension 101 has a SPA303 that has free extension buttons.
Is it somehow possible to configure this buttons to blink when there is a caller waiting on the first and/or the second parking lot 71&72 ?

Thank you in advance..

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
On Yealink phone you can create a BLF button for each parking lot which lights up when a call is parked and program it when pushed it dials that lot number.

gary

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Just add a BLF button for the parking slots. Should work fine.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
That should work fine. You set the slot numbers in the sub=XX part of the Unit x Key X config. So by default, slot 71 would be fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=71@$PROXY

Albert S

Reaction score
So like this? (keys.png)

Since the extension who is picking up the parked call just needs to dial 71, I am not using **# kind of characters, is that correct?

Also what is Unit 1 key 1 , key 2 key 3.... I only have 3 extension but this thing can monitor up to 32. Does that mean it can monitor up to 32 extension?

Attachments

• keys.png
    keys.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 10

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
OH. You don't have an attendant console. That changes things.

That would be right if you had an attendant console. Not sure what to tell you for the built-in line buttons. Haven't used an SPA series in over a year.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What are your choices on the Ext 1, Ext2, Ext3 pages? Anything BLF related?

Edit: I'm almost positive I had at least one BLF on those line keys when I had a 504g. YouTube seems to confirm my memory. Don't jump ship yet.

Edit 2: Aha! I wasn't crazy.
See this page.
For monitoring Extension 201 on Line Key 2
Under 'Line Key 2', set the following parameters
Extension: Disabled
Share Call Appearance: shared
Extended Function: fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=[email protected]
Short Name: Ext 201

EndeavorPBX

Reaction score
It seems like this would be a perfect case to use the Queues module, and put people into the Queue, rather than parking them in parking lots. As your technician gets done with one customer, the Queue will deliver another call to him. In the meantime, the customer will hear music on hold or a ring, and can even be offered the option to bug out and leave a voicemail if you prefer.

Albert S

Reaction score
Seems like that would work.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.