SOLVED What is s [from-pstn] and why am I seeing a bunch of them?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of this in my CDRs lately, but I have no idea why.

What is it, should I be concerned and how can I stop it? I am already using TM3.

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 1.06.41 PM.png

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
They are from a debt collection company. I got a new DID a while back that must have belonged to someone with bad credit. I'm considering dropping that number and getting another one. One thing I did was find the number for that company and route their inbound call back to them. One company quite calling after a couple of weeks of calling themselves!

mbellot

Reaction score
They are from a debt collection company. I got a new DID a while back that must have belonged to someone with bad credit. I'm considering dropping that number and getting another one. One thing I did was find the number for that company and route their inbound call back to them. One company quite calling after a couple of weeks of calling themselves!

Cool idea. I usually just send scum to Lenny or the kids, but sending them back to themselves sounds hilariously evil.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
So, how is it that it's not showing the DID that it came in on and hitting the Playback App? It never hits the ring group, voicemail or even rings any of my phones? It doesn't show up in the history of anything anywhere other than in my CDRs.

Notice the destination is "s [from-pstn]" not the source. I can't even tell what DID its coming in on. WTF?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Hehhhhh ok.... it just hit me after doing a CDR dump from my carrier. They are coming in on a number that I do not currently have an inbound route for in my PBX, but still have the carrier pointing it to the PBX. Funny thing is though, it's a number I set up years ago for a business venture that never got past the naming stage, let alone incurring any debt. I've had that number for at least 7 years now and there shouldn't be any reason for debt collectors to be calling it, unless some nefarious person picked a random number to hand out.

Time to have some fun with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.