NO JOY Yealink XML Help needed

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Yealink Guru's out there - (wardmundy) !
Help!
I may be re-inventing the wheel here, I'm evaluating some Yealink phones (T46G and T42G) and wanted to port over my Cisco SPA Directory to the Yealinks, and have been running into trouble.

The code has been added to GitHub: https://github.com/hbonath/yealinkxml and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with these devices.
I have already ported over my Parking Lot script (Currently not on GitHub yet) and ran into the same issues:
Essentially the Phone UI reports "File Layout Error" when trying to execute these scripts. I can confirm that the browser is outputting the proper format, it's been run through W3C checks for consistency, as well as if i do a wget or curl locally of the php url, and output that to an actual XML file, then point the Yealink to the outputted file - it works!

I'm pulling out my beard trying to understand how the Yealink XML works and I'm lost.

Help!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried the Yealink support forums? They seem to be quite responsive (or at least they used to be).

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Not to stick my nose in where I'm not an expert, but I remember from Ward's post and the Yealink forums that the directory where the xml file resides didn't seem 'obvious'. Are you sure you're putting the file in the right place?

Andrew

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm not sure I'm following Andy with the "directory where the xml file resides."
I'm essentially trying to Map a button or "DSS Key" as Yealink calls them, to a URL pointing to a PHP script on the PBX that would spit out the correct XML for the Yealink to interpret and draw out on the screen the formatted results. Similar to what I did with the Cisco SPA Phones to give a simple Directory based on extensions, and Parking Lot functionality from the UI.
Seems like it should be simple enough, but the Yealink Firmware seems to be hella picky about XML formatting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.