I HAVE A DREAM Incredible PBX 12 for Ubuntu 14.04

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Ward,

I started installing thru a dvd Sunday night, and downloaded and ran the script monday (yesterday) evening...given i just followed the instutions on the nerdvittles page, the script should be the latest.

Normal errors etc are obviously not the problem.. Ive highlighted in m previous post a couple which seemed ovr and above.. Unableno rsolve incrediblepbx (even as this msg sppeared, i was ablento ping external addresses and my trunks registered fine) asteriskcdrdb...mysql.

Also, straight after the initial instsll, ext 701 had a msg stating something to the effect this extension uses pjsip technology which isnt enabled... So, i just deleted and recreated it as a chan_sip extension.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I installed PBX 12 on DO and every thing installed fine I did everything but add sip trunks. IPtables is not on. I thought the default is to turn on with the install.

Any suggestions

Thanks,

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I installed PBX 12 on DO and every thing installed fine I did everything but add sip trunks. IPtables is not on. I thought the default is to turn on with the install.

Any suggestions

Thanks,

Jeff

As the final alert screen says, it was turned off to let folks adjust IPtables (if needed) before locking them out. When you reboot or run iptables-restart, it will be activated. Since nobody reads the notices, I'm going to adjust it again and force a reboot. For those that need to adjust IPtables, they'll have the option of pressing Ctrl-C to kill the reboot.

Norskman123

Reaction score
Everything worked perfectly - using an HP N54L micro server.
I have a problem which i think has something to do with IPTABLES but I am not sure how to fix it.

I can login to my server locally.
The little status screen shows LAN ETH0 as DN in RED
Everything else is green

I can ping the server - I can ping other machines from the server CLI.

When I try to login from inside my network on the 192.168.x.x network - I keep getting an error 'invalid username or password'
I am not expert enough to know the command to get the network port back to green in the first place.

Can you help me WARD?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not an iptables issue. That subnet is white listed. Looks like a network card issue to me.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Everything worked perfectly - using an HP N54L micro server.
I have a problem which i think has something to do with IPTABLES but I am not sure how to fix it.

I can login to my server locally.
The little status screen shows LAN ETH0 as DN in RED
Everything else is green

I can ping the server - I can ping other machines from the server CLI.

When I try to login from inside my network on the 192.168.x.x network - I keep getting an error 'invalid username or password'
I am not expert enough to know the command to get the network port back to green in the first place.

Can you help me WARD?

I could be wrong, but I noticed on a trial install on a laptop, the LAN conneciton did not show up as eth0, but p3p1 instead, and the status screen showed ETH0 as DN and Red, eventhough I could SSH etc into the machine. Since, you can ping the server etc, it probably means the Status script shows up Red if it can't find ETH0 (some discssuon on this here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/defaults-to-p3p1-4175456604/). Run ifconfig and see what your LAN connection shows up as..

Ward, I reinstalled again, and everything seems to work fine - my incoming trunk wasn't working for a rather silly reason, for no apparent reason, my router's DDNS client refused to update dyndns... .this has never happened before, so, my dynamic IP address pointed to an incorrect public IP, and hence all incoming calls were going to nowhere in the ehter... everything works as it used to.... 10/10.

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing this on a digital ocean instance? I've been seeing some issues where it was prompting for asterisk manager and asterisk manager interface username and password (It was mentioned in the past here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9713&cpage=1#comment-166408). This only seems to happen on the digital ocean smallest instance (ubuntu 14.04 x64 x32). This doesn't occur when I'm setting it up on my server virtualized on hyper-v.

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Did you set up a swap file??

Yes, every time I built the virtual machine on DigitalOcean, I followed the instructions to the "T". Had ipv6 enabled on NY #3, as well as private networking enabled (this may of caused the issue, *shrug*). I honestly just went to lowendbox and found a deal for a KVM VPN from Ramnode. Works great, and actually has better performance than DigitalOcean (but less disc space).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just to repeat: ipv6 in Incredible PBX is not ready for prime time.

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Just to repeat: ipv6 in Incredible PBX is not ready for prime time.

Yes, I'm aware. Wasn't thinking of using ipv6 with asterisk in the first place. I just wanted it enabled to take advantage of the ubuntu's mirrors ipv6 capability. Do you suspect that enabling it broke the installer script?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've installed dozens of these on DO and never had a problem without ipv6.

Reaction score
Installed this setup twice and booth times after the installation of Incredible PBX the system cannot turn off or restart well , shutdown -h now or shutdown -r now stay stuck on screen , before the installation of Incredible PBX, Ubuntu was working fine all shutdown and restart work properly
Thanks

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
As a trial, i installed on DigitalOcean, installation went fine, except in the last stayed, i could see weerors about inane to do mkdir -p.

Im the end, installation finished, i changed pbx password, etc. Can ssh using putty in to the droplet, but the freepbx UI fiend appear if i enter the saber ip address in chrome. Have done twice the entire droplet crayon and pbxinflash script and both times same result.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Installed this setup twice and booth times after the installation of Incredible PBX the system cannot turn off or restart well , shutdown -h now or shutdown -r now stay stuck on screen , before the installation of Incredible PBX, Ubuntu was working fine all shutdown and restart work properly
Thanks

Have you logged in and out of the CLI and let the IncrediblePBX upgrade scripts run? They fix that issue.

lee3111

Reaction score
Error message after installing IncredibleFAX
Please wait...
PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.
* Stopping MySQL database server mysqld [ OK ]
* Stopping web server apache2 *

* Will now restart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Major changes in pear and FreePBX over the past few days. We've uploaded new Incredible PBX 12 images today. So try again and let us know if you still have a problem.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Just ran an install and iptables works fine, however I still get the 5 unsigned modules and one tampered file. I am about to head out for celebrations with the family and will have some time to play with it later this evening.

You have 1 tampered files
Module: FreePBX Framework, File: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine altered
You have 5 unsigned modules
Module "ConfigEdit" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "AsteriDex" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "phpMyAdmin" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Reminders" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Sys Info" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You should reinstall Framework from module admin. The other 5 are fine. Just edit Advanced Settings and set the signature option to OFF for the time being. FreePBX 12 does not yet have a way to authenticate any modules except theirs.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've just released Incredible PBX 12.6.1 which includes FreePBX 12 signature checking and the latest Asterisk 12.6.1 security updates.

Follow the Nerd Vittles tutorial to get started.

Let us know if it smokes. :sifone:

B3yjun_CYAEAtO6.jpg:large

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.