SUGGESTIONS GXP-2140 and GXP-2160

Brianmac

Reaction score
Hi, anyone have any opinions on these two models for a small office(6 people, 10 total extensions)?

Thanks,
Brian

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
From all my reading about them, seems like they perform well and are reasonably priced. When they first came out, the firmware was buggy but GS has been aggressive about putting out FW updates. Lots of demos on Youtube you can view to get a handle on features. I would purchase either one if I were in the market.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Start by reading this particular thread and also check the youtube videos for GXP2140, GXP2160 and also there is one along the lines of you don't need any more than some GXP1405s.

How many concurrent calls would there be?

You could have the setup of a GXP2140 with a GXP2200 side car (the 2140 can handle it the 2160s can't although you do have 24 built on (written on paper) whereas the 2140/sidecar is LCD screen) for the receptionist and each desk have a GXP1405 for the 'worker bees'. This could save some money if you have a budget in mind.

Just some food for thought

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
We just did a business with 5 of the 2160s and around 20 of the 1405s 2 weeks ago..The 2160 is great for them...

The 2160 is probably the best deal if you've got a bunch of other extensions, as it's not a huge price bump,a nd offers you a ton of BLF options.. very handy to look at your phone to know if Bob is on his phone or in his office, without having to walk down the hall...

the 2200 sidecar is pricey - - a LOT more than just buying the 2160 has 24 buttons on it

that said, the 2130, 2140 and 2160 ALL have a very screwy issue (which I havenn't yet figured out)---headsets that work PERFECTLY in the 2100 wont' work in them... and in fact, i've yet to find a single headset that WILL work properly in any of them.. Kinda sucks because we've got 5 or 6 different clients with the 2130s and 2160s, and we've not been able to get a good inexpensive headset solution for them.. (by comparison, you can get a $15 headset on Amazon that'll fit the 2100s and works beautifully).

My guess is that the 2130/40/60 use a different amp in the RJ9 headset jack config, and it's pretty pathetic.... If anybody has a solution, let me know!!!

i wouldn't be putting one on the desk of somebody who's just using the phone 2 or 3 times a day - it's total overkill for that.... BUT there are some real advantages for BLFs and ringgroup, intercom/paging, etc - - spending a little time programming that phone will make it way more productive of a tool... but you knew that, of course.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.