SUGGESTIONS Aastra XML scripts 2.3.1 Beta

c-bonz

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I sort of figured that was the case. Is there an ideal way to setup Call Parking and Pickup short of using speed dials?

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the beta 2.3.1 scripts working recently? I get an error when trying to run the install-aastra-xml.x script.

Is it time to completely give up on these?
Yes... Buy some T46G's I'm sure you'll see some XML stuff for that at some point... It's a more usable phone.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you search - that someone came up with a Parking Lot XML script that even showed you how long the person was on hold for - who was in which position, etc. on the T46.

rchalk

Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread, but I still like the functionality of these scripts when used with 57i phones. I have just done a clean install of PIAF Green, and tried to install the scripts, but they are no longer on the server. Can anyone point me to a source that is still alive?

Also I have seen comments that the scripts might need some slight modifications to work with this version. Has anyone been successful, and if so, can you offer me any help?

Thanks.

Porch

Guru
Reaction score
I found the Asstra script installer does not really work anymore. It tries to download the RPMs from a location that no longer exist. I just grab the RPMs then install those by hand. I do recall the installer does do some final setup, but you can look at the install script and run that part by hand.

It's a shame the Aastra scripts are no longer supported or maintained. I don't see a lot of reasons to use the Aastra phones in PIAF without them.

psetti1

Reaction score
I've given up on the Aastra scripts and use the Schmoozecom RESTApps + Endpoint Manager Pro. The cost is minimal (for now at least, the REST apps are still free and I'm not sure what they're going to cost), plus I like giving back to Schmooze as it helps fund FreePBX development.

Venio

Reaction score
I found the Asstra script installer does not really work anymore. It tries to download the RPMs from a location that no longer exist. I just grab the RPMs then install those by hand. I do recall the installer does do some final setup, but you can look at the install script and run that part by hand.

It's a shame the Aastra scripts are no longer supported or maintained. I don't see a lot of reasons to use the Aastra phones in PIAF without them.

I just edit install-aastra-xml.x line 233 from

SOURCE="http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-$script_version"

to SOURCE="http://65.205.71.13/$script_version"

KevinW

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to set up my first system where I want to use some sort of auto provisioning. I've got ahold of quite a few Aastra 57i phones. I'm a bit confused with all the choices for provisioning. I've read through several threads, and it's not clear that anything is going to work "out of the box".

I have a clean install of PBXIAF Green with FreePBX 2.11 and Incredible PBX.

What should I be looking at installing to auto provision the phones. Should I try the Aastra scripts, OSS End Point Manager, or something else.

Thanks for your input.

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
+1 Aasrta XML Scripts... they work perfectly fine w/ the exception of the Parking Lot (which was rewritten for Schmooze's commercial module), they are the simplest, easiest, most capable way imho.

KevinW

Reaction score
Does the visual voicemail feature work with OSS Endpoint Manager, or is that something that only works with the XML Scripts? It's a shame the Parking Lot feature doesn't work with the scripts. I think that would get used fairly often. I guess if you need to park a call you just use the regular dial options for that?

It sounds like I may have to try them both and see which one works best. The visual voicemail thing was definitely something I was hoping to get working though. Seems like it would be a nice time saver. Any thoughts on the value of that feature?

TIA

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
I can tell you that the Visual Voicemail bit Aastra in the arse (which is probably why they stopped development) and is hit or miss w/ the latest Aastra XML Scripts... if you want foolproof, use the 57i's w/ the latest 2.6 firmware and Aastra XML Scripts one release back (I think was 2.3.0, but may have been 2.2.1). I've found most users think the Visual Voicemail is pretty to look at, but much prefer traditional *97 via audio for simplicity.

KevinW

Reaction score
I was able to get everything set up and working.

I first installed the OSS Endpoint Manager and tested a couple of phones to make sure I could get something running. That worked fine, but had only a few features configured.

I then loaded the aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm with --nodeps. to get around the firmware requirement since I already had that from the Endpoint Manager. I then found there was a newer firmware on the Aastra site, so I loaded that as well. 3.3.1 SP3

I checked the install with the check_install script and found I needed to enable polling, so I did that in the voicemail.conf file.

That seemed to get everything working, but I did disable LLDP and added the collapse more softkey screen in aastra.cfg. I also changed the Intercom label from Icom to Intercom. I don't know why saving those letters seemed important with the defaults. I also looked for a way to change Xfer to Transfer, but I didn't find it yet. It's probably in a menu script somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

So it seems like everything is working with the scripts, but I wanted a way to allow online web based editing of contacts for the users. I figured I would try the asteridex.php script. I added it to the directory.php that comes with the XML Scripts, and it shows up on the menu, but it doesn't work.

I get an error File does not exist: /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php&back=1

I checked the other directory scripts, and it seems some piece, maybe the phone is adding the &back=1 to the end of the URIs. So I added a ?user=$$SIPUSERNAME$$ to the end like the other uri, just to make the URI proper.

That seems to make it work, although there still appear to be some errors.
Undefined index: lookup in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 111
Undefined index: page in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 112
Undefined index: index in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 114
Undefined index: action in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 115
Undefined index: selection in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 117
Undefined property: AastraIPPhoneInputScreen::$_fieldbcolor in /var/www/html/aastra/include/AastraIPPhoneInputScreen.class.php on line 378

PHP Warning: parse_ini_file(sugarCRM.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/aastra/asteridex.php on line 233

Reaction score
Any update for the new AASTRA series 6800 , how can I use the scripts with these phones ?

Thanks in advance

KevinW

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any updates specifically for the 6800 series. I don't think these scripts are maintained by anyone from Aastra/Mitel anymore, so I wouldn't expect them to work without some effort, but I believe the XML API should work on that series. You can find docs on the Mitel site now. You might also look at the rest apps add-on from smoozecom as an alternative. I don't use it myself, but it seemed like a decent alternative last I looked at it.

mag

Guru
Reaction score
I could not get the latest version of the scripts working on the 6800 series of phones, specifically the login/logout portion. Some of the other scripts may work partially. YMMV

rchalk

Reaction score
I have had these scripts working on PBXIAF Silver, but when I install them on later versions, specifically Bronze right now, the phones (6757i) fail at the Update Config stage. It appears that they cannot retrieve the configuration file. I have shut off iptables to test, so it does not appear to be a firewall issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Running: Centos 5.5 (Final) Asterisk 1.6.2.9 FreePBX 2.9.0.15

KevinW

Reaction score
Is this starting from scratch install? How did you install the scripts? I am running it on newer versions of everything, but I installed firmware separately to get later versions, and I don't recall much trouble with getting the config going. Did you set up your dhcp server to hand out the t*f*t*p info and such?

Strange that the forum adds asterisks to t*f*t*p.

rchalk

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying all the following is done with a RentPBX server, and a brand-new install...

A few days ago, I set up a PBX with "silver" which uses Centos 5.1, Asterisk 1.4, and FreePBX 2.9.0.15. Then I copied the aastra-ipphone and aastra-xml-scripts rpm's to the tmp directory. Next ran avahi and php-ldap installs, since these were required dependencies, apparently. Then rpm'd the two aastra files, ran setup-aastra-xml, which completed normally.

The next instruction was to add a couple of lines to voicemail.conf, amportal.conf, and to upload an updated version of user_login_logout.agi.

Then ran check-install, and everything looks OK, so then ran apply_prf -r ALL.

Doing this, everything works fine, except the BLF, which results in question marks on an expansion unit, when I try to set up individual extensions to show status.

Thinking this might be better with a newer version of Asterisk, I tried "bronze", which is Centos 5.5, Asterisk 1.6, and the same FreePBX as above. Again, everything seems to go fine through the entire install, but when I boot up the phone, it gets to Update Config, and sits there until it times out, and shows "skip". Pressing Skip lets the phone boot up, and since it was configured previously, the functions appear to work, but the config doesn't ever update.

I think the phone is looking for startup.php, but perhaps doesn't find it.

I can't see what the difference might be, whether it's a Centos issue or an Asterisk issue. Any thoughts?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.