TIPS Email notification of bounce messages?

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I'm trying to setup notifications of bounce messages that are received by the asterisk inbox. Mostly this is for cases in which a spam filtering service has started bouncing voicemail to emails or voicemail to email was setup with the wrong email address. The one hole that I can see is a case in which port 25 outbound becomes blocked, but I've never run into that. I do not prefer the method of routing through a gmail account to prevent these issues, I just want to get an email notification of failures. I tried to change the sendmail option
Send error messages to, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Okay, to answer my own question with irony, the notifications were in my spam folder.

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Maybe if someone reads this, the reason that it went to my spam folder is "Why is this message in Spam? It seems to be a fake "bounce" reply to a message that you didn't actually send. Learn more" Is there any way to send as a forwarded message rather than a bounce email?

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done this, but have your bounces go to a local account on the box and then drop a file in the home directory named .forward that contains the email address where you want to receive the email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.