NO JOY music on hold volume refusing to stay where I set it to?

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello on my music on hold I set the volume to 50 percent, how ever it keeps turning it self back to 100 percent is there a way to make this setting stick? Hank

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
I found that the Volume Adjustment on the On Hold Music page is to change the volume of an uploaded file during upload.
Haven't tried it, from the cli enter
cd /var/lib/asterisk/moh
sox -v .5 test.wav new_test.wav
the above will copy the file test.wav to a new file new_test.wav at 50%
using the original file name as the destination will keep the same file name at 50%

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
probably not but why not try

cd /var/lib/asterisk/moh (or a sub folder in here for the different MOHs you have)
sox -v .5 *.* *.*

not sure if sox would accept that as logically to me it would read sox reduce volume to 50% on all files and keep their present names.

I am not a Sox guru but it may be worth trying.

p.s. as I wrote this, I tried the command on the default group (I moved it to a new folder default1 so I could use my own stuff in default without losing the originals.

on my PiaF-Green system via RentPBX the command I listed above did not throw errors but I suggest listening to the files before running the command, run the command, then listen to the same file again to see if it changed the volume. If it did for one then it should be done for all.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.