BUG Incredible Fax with Incredible PBX on CentOS

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I have actually been thinking of moving back to CentOS 6.5 or even 7 and running the Incredible installer for all my production boxes, but there seems to be no fax capability in the base install of Incredible for CentOS like there is for Ubuntu. I have very basic faxing needs and its inbound only on one line per site that receives just a few per month.

Is there any possibility of adding the same basic inbound fax capabilities to the CentOS version as the Ubuntu one? It would make me very :party:

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Will I have to rebuild the whole PBX from scratch or can I backup an existing one without Incredible Fax and restore to a new one with it?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not sure I quite understand the question, but HylaFax and AvantFax aren't part of Incredible Backup and Restore. You'd have to do a full image backup and restore with external backup software to preserve the fax stuff. And, if you backup a non-fax server and restore to a server that (previously) had fax capability, you would wipe out the fax functionality.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
OK, so then I would have to backup my Ubuntu droplets, restore them to CentOS droplets then install Incredible Fax. Is there a Nerd Vittles article for Incredible Fax? I didn't see anything in the CentOS 6.5/7 one that mentioned it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think I'd start with a fresh Incredible PBX install for CentOS. No article on Incredible Fax 11 just yet. Accept all the defaults and you'll be good to go after a reboot.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Ok so here is my issue and maybe I am just missing something..... On a fresh install of CentOS 6.5 or 7 I get what you see below on all extensions. I do not see this error on Ubuntu builds.

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 10.59.35 AM.png

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
jeff.h: Is this before or after you installed Incredible Fax on CentOS platform??

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
That is immediately after the Incredible PBX install only. I have never installed Incredible Fax on Ubuntu either.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That is immediately after the Incredible PBX install only. I have never installed Incredible Fax on Ubuntu either.

Then the red message is correct. You don't have all the pieces.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible Fax 11 with HylaFax and AvantFax uses a different fax technology. Try this:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblefax11.tar.gz
./incrediblefax11.sh

Enter your email address to receive faxes. Accept all of the defaults throughout the install. Reboot. Login to AvantFax with your browser at http://ipaddress/avantfax. Username is admin. Password is password. Change the password.

If access fails, run /root/avantfax-pw-change to change your password.

Next, log into FreePBX and set an inbound route for incoming faxes to Custom Destination: Fax (hylafax). Then try sending a fax to the phone number and see if it doesn't arrive in your email.

You also can try enabling fax detection with any Google Voice number. Just edit the inbound route for the DID and make it look like this:

B1dSlK-CQAEL6NN.jpg:large

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Tried that and now get this.....

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 1.18.51 PM.png

The custom destination is there in the normal PBX admin though.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Ok so.... is there a way to get res_fax_digium or res_fax_spandsp installed on the Cent build? It seems to be included in the Ubuntu build.

cbocbo

Reaction score
wardmundy I have been searching all over the forums for a solution to this. I think a link in the install incredible fax11 script is broken. When the script runs I see a response flash by that states it can't find halyfax. Is it possible to change the link in the script or fix the lincks contents? Thanks love the work you have done!

himala76

Reaction score
Hi
i did install fax on my pifa but i cant log in to the avantfax page i used /root/avantfax-pw-change to change password still shows log in error
i try to reset password using email (lost password) i get the email with new password put cant log in using it
any help :banghead:

himala76

Reaction score
Incredible Fax 11 with HylaFax and AvantFax uses a different fax technology. Try this:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblefax11.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblefax11.tar.gz
./incrediblefax11.sh

Enter your email address to receive faxes. Accept all of the defaults throughout the install. Reboot. Login to AvantFax with your browser at http://ipaddress/avantfax. Username is admin. Password is password. Change the password.

If access fails, run /root/avantfax-pw-change to change your password.

Next, log into FreePBX and set an inbound route for incoming faxes to Custom Destination: Fax (hylafax). Then try sending a fax to the phone number and see if it doesn't arrive in your email.

You also can try enabling fax detection with any Google Voice number. Just edit the inbound route for the DID and make it look like this:

B1dSlK-CQAEL6NN.jpg:large

word
on my install even if i use /root/avantfax-pw-change and change the password dose not allow me to log in to the http://ip/avantfax/ any advice ?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.