TIPS Trying out IncrediblePBX on Ubuntu

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys (Ward) any tips here? I'm following along with the article: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9713

I started with a Vanilla 14.04 system, then even reloaded from the mini.iso. This is on ESXi 5.5.

The results, asterisk is missing (My terminal history isn't long enough to tell me if it failed to build) as well as it seems that FreePBX is partially installed, and apache is missing too...

Many of the scripts throw errors like:
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/status: line 12: asterisk: command not found

/root/update-ubuntu1418: line 8: /etc/init.d/apache2: No such file or directory

/root/update-ubuntu1416: line 6: amportal: command not found

I'm not sure if there's something in Ubuntu 14.04 which was not present back in July. But I'm dying to get this set up here and any pointers would be helpful.
I'm going to reload and try again while redirecting the Installer script output to a log file to try to gather more details on where it might be failing.

-Henry

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Update - also looks like the script did some weird stuff with my /etc/hosts file as well, not sure if this is the desired effect:

Code:
127.0.0.1      localhost
noreply.incrediblepbx.com 127.0.1.1    pbx2

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1    localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Line #2 originally read: 127.0.1.1 pbx2
Ubuntu by default uses that 127.0.1.1 entry to define the systems hostname.
I'm not sure where that noreply.incrediblepbx.com entry belongs, but I'm sure that this entry isn't the desired result.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
hbonath: Sorry for the delay in responding. We're in the midst of a major construction project at the same time that Ubuntu "improved things (again)" with the release of Ubuntu 14.10. We've backed up to a stable version of Incredible PBX for Ubuntu 14.04 for the time being until we have time to sort out the improvements. Just download incrediblepbx11.4.ubuntu14.tar.gz and be sure you're on an Ubuntu 14.04 platform (which we now check for as part of the install).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.