TUTORIAL Inserting a pause on outbound call strategy

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a strategy on how to insert a pause into an outbound call?

We want to dial an extension number and have it dial out to a land line, wait for a pause, then dial a secondary extension number.

I tried wwww and ,p,p in FollowMe, but of course the extra characters are stripped out by the pbx.

When googling around I see that custom dial plans can handle waits, but I have never attempted a custom dial plan and I am hoping there is another way to go. Has anyone successfully inserted a pause like this?

In the absence of a follow me style dial out option, can someone please recommend a good dial plan primmer for absolute nubes? Also where do I put the new plan? extensions_custom.conf? Im in FBPX 2.11.0.23 if that matters.

Thanks.

lifespeed

Reaction score
Is there a way to include a pause after dialing the main number, before having the extension dialed by the endpoint? For example, most would store a phone number and extension in the phone book (Bria for Android) as 555-123-7456,,789 to dial extension 789 at POTS number 123-7456.

Is there really no way to do this from the endpoint phonebook? Must every POTS number be treated as a unique case and edited into the PBX?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I like to have custom outbound numbers from my smartphone. So, I have a DISA on the PBX. From the smartphone, in my phone entries, I dial the pbx, insert a wait (for the disa to answer) dial the disa password, insert a wait, dial prefix code and the end number I'm calling. The prefix selects an outbound route with the appropriate caller id. You can either hard-code all this in your smartphone phonebook, or use one of many apps that will insert dialing sequences for you.

lifespeed

Reaction score
While this is interesting and I understand why you do it, you have also inserted the horrible mobile phone sound quality into the call. One of the main reasons I use VoIP on my smartphone is it sounds as good as a land line.

I am looking for a way to insert pauses into the dialing sequence just using PIAF and the Bria for Android endpoint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.