Reaction score
Hello:
I have:
  1. voip.ms trunk with both inbound & outbound routes
  2. 3 Google Voice motifs set up.
  3. IVR to
    1. 4 Misc Destinations → to POTS phone numbers
    2. 1 DISA → Google Voice
The question is: When I call in on voip.ms, how can I select different outbound routes for my Misc Destinations? Some I need to go out on GV, some on voip.ms.

Right now, all my outgoing calls go out on a single GV route.

Thank you.

System: Digital Ocean DropLet
Asterisk (Ver. 11.10.0)
Kernal: 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.i686 (SMP)
Version: i686

Distro: CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
How about a dial prefix on the dial pattern to select the route you want? For example voip.ms use 9|. as a prefix and google 8|.
Using the prefix in the form X|. drops the first digit when dialed. I know someone will explain this better than I have but this might get you started. I believe you would have to add this in the misc destination also. So if the misc destination dials 943 now you would have to change it to 9943 to use voip.ms.

You can do this on the outbound routes page in freepbx

Reaction score
Thanks people! :)
I have been experimenting based on your input - no success yet, but the night is young.

Reaction score
Well, I could not figure out how to use 'dial prefixes' so, I accomplished what I was trying to do a different , less eloquent way.
What I was trying to do was to route calls to certain people through GV and some through voip.ms. I needed to do this because GV does not let you set the outgoing caller id. I needed a specific caller id (my friends home phone number) so that her daughters could set up that ID in their cell phone plans to receive free incoming calls from their Mom.

So, I set up 2 IVR's where the first IVR points to the second IVR when you dial '6'. The second IVR is populated with Misc Destinations to her daughters & husband's cell numbers. Then I placed those cell phone numbers into the voip.ms outbound route as 'Match Pattern' entries under 'Dial patterns that will use this route.' I also set the 'Outbound Caller ID' in the voip.ms trunk to my friends home phone number.

This mash-up seems to work, for now. Perhaps later I will figure out how to do it properly.

I would not have been able to do this without your suggestion of using 'dial prefixes' because that spurred me on to a little better understanding of 'Dial patterns that will use this route'.

Thank you.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Ok now your post makes sense to me.

set an outbound route like this:

Outbound Caller ID : Your friends Number -> Override Extension CID

In Route Position field place as first in list (or if you have other very specific routes , above the generic routes)

If in Free PBX that has the four boxes like Prepend+Prefix|DialPattern/Extension then do the following:

If you want a special code as 77 above then in a row of boxes put:
blank+77|NXXNXXXXXX/blank

This will let any number you dial with 77 as the 1st 2 digits and a 10 digit number to go out the trunks you set below the dial patterns

But if this is for 'exclusive use' by your friend through your pbx (remote phone?) then create more rows with the exact numbers your friend wants to call (e.g. his daughets and wife) so they look like:
blank+blank|2075551212/blank
blank+blank|7745589787/blank
etc - one row for each number/person

below trunk 0 : voip.ms trunk (of/for your friend to use) [ I have 11 numbers and use sub accounts in voip.ms and this way I can choose which CID I want to use (I run a few buinesses from home so I am probably using overkill)]

Save route and apply config (red bar on FreePBX 12 (orange in Freepbx 11))

Then make sure your voip.ms TRUNK has this in the dial plan (if in the US anyway) 1+blank|NXXNXXXXXX

Note that there is no 4th column as the trunk doesn't need it.

This should alleviate the IVRs and Misc Destinations as that seems a little complex for what you are trying to do.

Hopefully this is helpful to you
Good Luck

Reaction score
Ok now your post makes sense to me.

Maybe this will provide you with better info to see what I am trying to do.

These use Google Voice outgoing route:
pbxnew1.png

These use voip.ms outgoing route:
pbxnew2.png

These are used for to identify that she is call a cell phone.
DialPatterns.png

Any input is greatly appreciated. :)

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
OK, let me get this straight:

Gail calls in to your system via ...what, the voip.ms number or a GV number?
When she calls the inbound route points to an IVR in which options 1-5 are home phone numbers to which the GV route should be selected as it doesn't matter what the caller ID would be. But if she presses 6 then that is sent to the 2nd IVR for the Cell numbers in which case the call needs to go out the Voip.ms trunk so the callerID can be set to a specific number to which the callees can add to their free caller list.

if so you are over complicating thins unless Gail dosen't want to have to remember the numbers.

Set up a DISA with a password that gets Gail the internal access then she can dial the numbers directly herself
set up 2 Outbound routes (as described previously -- the cell list should be done already from before) the 2nd following the same steps but place after the Cell phone route
Caller ID -- Put anything here as GV will dump it anyways
Route Position After Cell route

Trunk 0: GV account trunk

Submit and apply

For the Misc Destinations - I would replace with Virtual Extensions (Extensions in which you set a Follow ME where it dials 2075557878# (note # sign at end) A Virual Extension is a dialable extension and if you set the followme with each cell number and also has the added benefit that if the cell number changes its a simple edit and you can export the settings via Bulk Extensions module in case you need to rebuild and redo the extensions in a hurry.

VEs can have voicemail but for your situation, its probably not needed. just don't select confirm calls on FM page as then Gail can just leave a voicemail on the cell phone.

for the extesnions I'd use something like 401-405 for the home phones (4 = H) and 601-605 for the mobiles (6=M)

Is this getting close to what you need?

What Gail would do is Dial into your system's DISA number -> Enter the Password ->extension of the person she wants to call e.g.403 -> System then dials the FM numbers out the correct trunk based on the 2 outbound specific routes you set previously.

Let me know.

Reaction score
Hi Kevin:
I just want to update you with the fact that I have not yet proceeded with your instructions as I have been working with voip.ms on my 'consistency problem' - calls not reaching PIAF or getting a busy signal.
I'll post back when I proceed.
Thanks,
Rob.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I can think of a few things that would cause such issues. but it may be best to straighten it out off list as not to overload with instructions when a phone can do th e same.

If you have a phone not connected to your box (i.e. cell) head to 'myusername'.org and look in upper right corner X11901 I can walk you through it faster than I can type it.

Reaction score
If you have a phone not connected to your box (i.e. cell) head to 'myusername'.org and look in upper right corner X11901 I can walk you through it faster than I can type it.

Hi Kevin:

I think that the problems with voip.ms have been sorted out - I'm too sure how, but with their help, everything seems fine.

In the meantime, my requirements have changed with respect to Gail and calling her daughters - Gail no longer wants to call them through PIAF. We've settled on a voip.ms inbound route and a DISA which uses a GV outbound route.

But there is an issue, and that is Sharon in California - both she and Gail dial into different DISA's on PIAF. They use PIAF to call each other and to call everyone else they know throughout Canada and the USA.

My problem is that I would like Gail's calls to go out on GV#1 and Sharon's call to go out on GV#2 - is that possible?

Thanks,

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
Not really sure as DISA gives access to a system dial tone but doesn't necessarily attach to an extension. Aside from making a 'dialplan phonebook' for each person, this is beyond my scope of knowledge (Plus I don't really use DISA)

-- OK took a quick look while typing. On the DIASA page see CallerID field - Set to either a real extension that Gail or Sharon have or make one up (Just remember NOT to use it anywhere else) save page and apply changes. Now Create a Gail (or a Sharon) Outbound Route that has something like (blank) + (blank) | NXXNXXXXXX / GailExt (or SharonExt) and in the trunks select the appropriate Gmail account to use.

Good Luck.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
the one thing i cant seem 2 figure out is WHY? does it take no matter what i do or change always take 7 to 13 seconds to send all my calls to External southbound to CELL PHONE.
its such as waste of time.

i try Follow Me, i try that local/xxxxx/routes things, i try mic d, i try everything it all takes 7 to 13 sec to send the calls to cell phone BUT if i use a SIP/ATA device all calls are sent right away with no dely in time. this makes no since. its as if the system is dialing each number 1 by one then placing the stupid call lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.