FOOD FOR THOUGHT Emergency Backup

Reaction score
Ward,

Thanks for your sharing on the internet calamity ;) That said, it's regrettable that there are not more providers with IAX2 trunks.

Not only is it useful for your situation, but I've had customers with routers that were giving me fits trying to get SIP trunks working properly. Yes, they should get with the program and get a descent router, but that's not always possible. In these situations, often I'll find that a IAX2 trunk solves the problem handily.

Most of my customers are on voip.ms, and I've had very good luck with them. My only complaints are that when service goes down, there is absolutely no way to get a live human on the phone. Yes they are efficient when it comes to their ticket system, but still, my end users get nervous with out a place to call.

That all said, I'm wondering if an alternative would be to bring our SIP trunks to a RentPBX system in the cloud, and then forward the trunks via IAX2 to the end user? It would take a bit to tie two PBX's together, but it could be a alternative.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that works just fine. You end up using a little bandwidth, but not much really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.