SUGGESTIONS Multi site / Multi PIAF Servers with "shared" presence...

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to have two PIAF servers at separate sites (with a site to site VPN) that talk to each other.

I need to be able to extensions from PBX A into ring groups on PBX B
and
I need shared presence (BLF Hints) generated / updated across the "cluster".

Does anyone have a solution for this?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
What challenges have you faced in figuring this out so far on your own? It's easier to answer specific questions than general ones like this. Trunk the two together, put the extensions on the other system in an outbound route, put # after the off site extensions in the ring groups, and that takes care of that.

BLF hints would be harder but basically you'd have to find a way to get a phone to listen to a BLF hint on the other server. Probably Cisco phones can do this, maybe Yealink, not sure.

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
1: Putting external extensions in ring groups
I've never had any luck with this one :( When I have done this, it rings on the remote extension but not internally. I will have to "lab this one up" and do some testing.
I just thought if anyone had this currently working, they could share...
2: Intra-Site Presence.
To make it easy I really wanted the hints generated on the local PBX...
I thought there was some way of doing this. I recall seeing something a few years back... Again this was a shout out to who may have gotten this to work.
The Phones I use are the Sipura / Linksys / Cisco SPA50xG range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.