SOLVED Google Voice Outage 10/20/2014

docgreen

Reaction score
Well, I may be hosed... I was just noticed today that my phone system wasn't accepting incoming calls. Tried restarting, tried checking that passwords were still correct, tried adding what Ward posted to my IPTABLES... no joy. Incoming calls on all 4 of my numbers are routed to the Google voicemail. I can still call out using the PBX, but that doesn't do me much good.

Is this the end? Where do we go from here? I'll have to port my numbers out of Google... who do you guys recommend as a provider?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Well, I may be hosed... I was just noticed today that my phone system wasn't accepting incoming calls. Tried restarting, tried checking that passwords were still correct, tried adding what Ward posted to my IPTABLES... no joy. Incoming calls on all 4 of my numbers are routed to the Google voicemail. I can still call out using the PBX, but that doesn't do me much good.

Is this the end? Where do we go from here? I'll have to port my numbers out of Google... who do you guys recommend as a provider?

Looks to be the case on incoming calls.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
I just tested this. Incoming calls to my Google Voice number are still working... o_O So are outbound.

I wonder for how much longer, though.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've tested incoming calls on close to a dozen DIDs in all areas of the United States including northeast, west coast, midwest, southwest, east coast, and deep south. Incoming calls fail on all of them. Certainly doesn't appear to be a typical outage.

AZweimiller

Reaction score
Hey Ward, greetings from Columbia, SC. Incoming calls still going strong here. 803-728 is area code and prefix. I'm running the FreePBX distro with everything set up by Google Voice (Motif) module. You would think they would disable everyone at the same time if it was truly the end. I'm hoping the signs of life some of us are seeing means it's just a weird outage.

kenn10

Reaction score
Mine are still working (828-482 and 678-861).

Reaction score
I think Google was having issues yesterday as I use it with Sprint who is integrated with GV to allow you to call from your GV number using your cellphone or change your Sprint number to a GV number and calls were not coming in there but going to voicemail at times yesterday.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I rarely use GV inbound-to-PIAF but after reading about this current skirmish I tested the 3 trunks that I have on my PogoMobile box.

All work just fine for inbound.

Edit to add: I'm in Chicago. The NPAs are 312 and 773.

docgreen

Reaction score
*Update*

After reading some of the replies I checked my own numbers this morning... of the GV numbers I have, 3 of them are working again. I guess it was just some kind of outage? Those of you who reported failure, have you tried checking again today?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.