SUGGESTIONS Using paging while i have customer on hold

JAM78

Reaction score
We have Yealink T48G Phones and PIAF green 3.6.5.

What is happening is when someone calls in to reception, she would like to put that user on hold, page the person that the caller is trying to reach and ask them if they would like to take the call. But, I cannot figure how to make this happen. Regular paging works fine with groups,etc.

Thanks for all help guys. This forum has been a really nice resource for us!

Jared

kenn10

Reaction score
Use call park and page them. If the paged person does not pick up the parked call, it will return to the receptionist after a predetermined number of seconds.

Another option is to use the attended call transfer which allows you to initiate the transfer to an extension while the caller is holding. If the end user wants to take the call, the receptionist completes the transfer. If the end user can't take the call or does not answer, the receptionist will cancel the transfer and talk to the caller again. An attended transfer is a poor solution for a busy receptionist since it ties them up while they individually try to talk to the end user.

Another option is the individual telephone page where the receptionist can dial the intercom code and the extension to page just one phone. If the called party says to send the call, the the receptionist would go back to the held call and do a transfer. Again, this is time consuming for the receptionist.

So you can see, there are a lot of options.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I think there's a built in thing for this, in a way. Check out ParkAndAnnounce(). I don't recall off of the top of my head, but I think you can set it on a BLF button to both park the caller, ring you to a page group/something else, you hang up, and the destination caller can answer. Could be wrong.

JAM78

Reaction score
Call parking option works like a charm. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.