SUGGESTIONS DISA/IVR/voip.ms question...

Reaction score
Hello:
(PIAF living on a Digital Ocean Droplet)
Thanks to you people, I was able to set up a working DISA/IVR/GV where by the person calls the GV phone number, enters a PW and gets a dial-tone to place a call.

Now, I am trying to duplicate this using a voip.ms phone number. What I am trying to do is have the person dial from her POTS line to the voip.ms number, get the IVR and then use a new DISA to be able to dial out on GV.

So far, I have not been able to get this to work.

Before I break my head any more trying to get this to work, can someone tell me if this is even possible?

Thanks,

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Yes. There is a Nerd Vittles article on setting up the IVR. Set DISA to be one of the destinations. Use a strong password.

Jake

Reaction score
I setup an inbound route the uses cid to direct a certain caller to a disa prompt with a password. I feel safer using both ways to protect unwanted access.

Reaction score
I setup an inbound route the uses cid to direct a certain caller to a disa prompt with a password. I feel safer using both ways to protect unwanted access.

Thank you Jake - I will do this too.

Reaction score
Hello:

Note to other Newbies - To get this to work I had to change the setting on my voip.ms sub-account that I am using from "ATA device, IP Phone or Softphone" to "Asterisk, IP PBX, Gateway or VoIP Switch" - who knew!

Well, I have the POTS to voip.ms phone number to PIAF to outgoing GV4 working, sort of. The problem is that when I dial the voip.ms number, I get different results! Sometimes it just rings endlessly, sometimes it answers with 'enter your PW & press #' and sometimes I get a busy signal. Most of the time it is successful - I get 'enter your PW..."

Because I tried my different things to get this far with calling voip.ms to DISA etc, I probably have entries in PIAF that I don't need - Can someone tell me the minimum entries that I need? Do I need a voip.ms trunk, voip.ms inbound route, voip.ms out bound root, an IVR, an extension etc?

I am pretty sure that I need at least a DISA entry and a GV entry, but, to just do the voip.ms to DISA to GV, do I need more than that?

Thanks for your patience.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.