TRY THIS Superfecta and CallerIDService.com

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that worked just fine, thank you.

I wonder why they haven't update their code for Asterisk. I obtained a copy, reviewed it, and it is a bit outdated. I had used them years ago and their module integrated fine with 1.6.

Thus far, their returns are not as precise as Opencnam, but close.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Grabbed the above code and placed in /var/www/html/admin/modules/superfecta/sources giving all rights to Asterisk. When I visit the page via HTML, the displayed page is corrupt (shows actual lines of code). Moved source-CallerID_Service.module to a backup directory and all is well.

Did I place in the correct directory, or is there a signature required?

Cheers!

pmosher441

Reaction score
Works fine! Thank you.

I'm not so lucky, it's not working for me. I've configured Superfecta with only Asteridex and CallerIDService, per above instructions, and only get a result from Asteridex, times out/result not found for CallerIDService. I have correct credentials, and using their URL-format lookup with the same entries works fine.

Any thoughts on what to try? Thanks -- Pauline

IncrediblePBX 3.11.12 for Raspi
Asterisk 11.11.0
FreePBX 2.11.0.34

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
As a test, place 173.248.190.24 cnam.calleridservice.com in /etc/hosts and see what happens.

pmosher441

Reaction score
As a test, place 173.248.190.24 cnam.calleridservice.com in /etc/hosts and see what happens.

Well, it's different now: doesn't timeout, but returns this:

Connecting to Asteridex Database....
Connected!
Searching Database...
Not Found
result
scrollup.gif
took 0.0182 seconds.

Searching http://calleridservice.com/ ...
CNAM determined good.
'CNAM No number'
result
scrollup.gif
took 0.2788 seconds.

What else could be wrong?

pmosher441

Reaction score
I get almost the same no matter what the number. Asteridex looks up the number OK, but then still fails on CallerIDService. Numbers not in my Asteridex return the output per my post above. I tried the "ALL" option for debug output and got nothing more than a text box with the same error -- CNAM No number.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Trimline, can you please test the latest by deleting the old version and wgetting again using the steps above.

Worked fine again. No issues to report.

As far as the /etc/hosts - I just wanted to make sure Pauline could reach the site and eliminate and DNS snafus.

pmosher441

Reaction score
Forgot to mention: prior to modifying the hosts file, I had pinged calleridservice.com and cnam.calleridservice.com with no problems, so I'm unclear as to why the output was different with the modified hosts file.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Have you tested with Asterisk Phonebook and the calleridservice only (removing Asteridex) ?

pmosher441

Reaction score
No, not that particular combination. However, I'm beginning to think my install is haunted -- I cannot get to the Superfecta "default" config page now. The CID Superfecta page called from the top menu comes up OK, but when I click on "default" on the right to list the scheme, I get a page that looks like this :

CallerID Superfecta for FreePBX is a utility program which adds incoming CallerID name lookups to your Asterisk system using multiple data sources.

In other words, the default scheme isn't listed at all, and clicking again on the link (on the left) doesn't do anything. So this means that I cannot test any more Superfecta lookups. Weird, because this seemed to work just an hour or so ago.

Am I jinxed, is there something check or change?

Thanks for any help. Pauline

pmosher441

Reaction score
Thanks, that was it. So now I'm back to my original problem: why doesn't the lookup work? I installed your latest version, and get "error in lookup" for all numbers.

For what it's worth, OpenCNAM doesn't return anything either -- always times out.

pmosher441

Reaction score
Further investigation suggests there's something not quite right about my Raspi setup. I've experimented with a Digital Ocean droplet with Ubuntu 14 and Incredible PBX 11.13.1, and everything works fine, including CallerIDService per your newest module. Even though it's much faster, I'd rather not use the droplet installation for my home PBX since I don't have a static IP and it often changes when there are power interruptions. So ideally we can figure out why Superfecta isn't working right on the Raspi.

Pauline

pmosher441

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help. I know Superfecta worked my earlier Incredible Pi (not used since some time last year), but not with this one. I don't know enough about how to fix configuration errors with php or the like, so I may have to let this error go.

Pauline

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.