TIPS Seperating DAHDI trunks by channel number

cptwinder

Reaction score
I currently have a TDM800P with six FXO (connections to the telco) ports. Four of which are for our main business lines and two are for our tech support department. I have been able to separate the lines for incoming calls by setting a Zap Channel DID in FreePBX.

How do I separate them for outgoing calls when all six show up as trunk Zap/G0? I need to allow outgoing calls when a user dials 9+number, but only on the four main business lines.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
can't you put them in separate groups? if so, that would do it. if not, don't use a group, but number each separately, then list 4 outbound routes in sequence, one for each trunk you want to allow.

cptwinder

Reaction score
Noob question....How? When I setup the trunk in FreePBX I didn't see anywhere to assign a ZAP channel to it. Am I missing something?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Add zap trunk, and at the bottom you see Zap identifier. Put a 1 for channel 1, a 2 for channel 2 etc etc.

Joe

cptwinder

Reaction score
Yep sure enough, even the tool tip says that. I wrongfully assumed that was only used for the trunk "name" in FreePBX.

Can I change the group= lines in my /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf without breaking anything and then use them for ZAP/g0 and ZAP/g1 in the trunks module?

Thanks again,

Jeremy

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
You would simply use the channel numbers, or you can put groups of channels into a group by changing the "group =" line

Joe

cptwinder

Reaction score
Awesome, that worked! Although now I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure that out on my own.:crazy:

Thanks again,

Jeremy

TS-79

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't figure it out Jeremy because this post helped me out ;-).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.