SOLVED Newbie Alert! Cannot make calls.

Reaction score
Hello:

I don't know yet what info I should post along with my questions.

Set up: PIAF 2.0.6.5 on Digital Ocean Droplet using CentOS 32-bit & Yate softphone on Anveo trunk.

Does anyone know why my Asterisk Log File is filled with the following?

[2014-09-29 20:45:57] WARNING[20666] res_xmpp.c: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[2014-09-29 20:45:57] WARNING[20666] res_xmpp.c: JABBER: socket read error
[2014-09-29 20:45:57] WARNING[20666] res_xmpp.c: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.

Yate error msg: "Login failed for account 'sip:[email protected]. Reason: Unauthorized (noauth).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
The YATE error Message is saying that your username and or password for ext 202 is incorrect -- that is the noauth. The other 3 warnings - no idea but they are coming from one file RES_XMPP.C and iirc Jabber is used for GoogleVoice.

I do not use Yate but sometimes (3cx is mine) the extension is put in 2 places once for the account name to sho on screen and the 2nd a little further down is sometimes called usernane or userID. Check these settings and if you need to bring up ext 202 in another tab to c/p the extension secret (This is NOT the VM password) in some places (Recordings page to name one the 'password' that it wants is the VM password, so be careful.

A quick Googling produced this Add Telephony Account page which brings up a few more 'hints'

In the Use Provider box -- leave at -none- as if you choose any of the ones listed some settings are changed for you.
Protocol should be SIP or IAX to match your trunks (SIP is best bet)

Username 202 (or whatever your extension is) no @ anything just the extension
Password (Read Secret from extensions module for the extension above) DO NOT use the Voicemail Password -- this is what I'm guessing is incorrect

Domain - This is your PBX IP or FQDN (if you have one) so either 104.131.xxx.yyy or mypbxphonesystem.net - both should work if the FQDN points to this IP (I have RentPBX so I can use either nut tend to use my FQDN always.

Hope these suggestions help you out

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin! :)
I was able to get Yate to connect properly - probably a typo.

I deleted 'all things' Anveo and set up voip.ms

I have tried SIP and IAX trunks following the directions at http://wiki.voip.ms/article/FreePBX_/_PBX_in_a_Flash_(IAX2) or http://wiki.voip.ms/article/FreePBX_/_PBX_in_a_Flash_(SIP)

Now using IAX.

Maybe my trouble has something to do with using PIAF on an Digital Ocean Droplet or with permit/deny ip addresses...

I don't know but I am beginning to think that 'PIAF' really abbreviates: PBX in a Flask. :)

Rob.

PS. How do I upload files? It does not seem to work for me.

Call active: client/6
Calling: 181968721

Call progressing: client/6
Call inactive: client/6
Hung up: client/6
Call active: client/6
Calling: 18196872135
Calling target
Call progressing: client/6
Call inactive: client/6
Hung up: client/6

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Robert... saw your same port on DSL reports.
I've built many PIAF's on Digital Ocean... They work flawlessly.
Ward cranks out a tireless number of articles... make sure you follow the one for the flavor or PIAF/IncrediblePBX you are installing.

I've noticed with Google Voice, that if you have ever used a GV number with Hangouts, then XMPP support gets turned off. I've not figured a way to get it back.
Maybe someone else can comment.

BTW, I've never had to tweak firewall rules once I'm installed... everything works! I do like to change the SSH and Web ports as these are very public machines.
My best defense is very long and complicated passwords -- but ODD ports really help, because scammers are lazy, and go for low-hanging fruit on the standard ports.

Reaction score
I've noticed with Google Voice, that if you have ever used a GV number with Hangouts, then XMPP support gets turned off. I've not figured a way to get it back.
Maybe someone else can comment.

Hi wive:
Maybe this will help:
Turn off Google Voice text messages and voicemail in Hangouts

If you don't want Google Voice text messages and voicemail to show in Hangouts, you can turn it off through Gmail, the Hangouts app on Android devices or the Google Voice website.
You can turn off Google Voice text messages and voicemail in Hangouts through the following ways:
Gmail
  1. Open Hangouts in Gmail.
  2. In the bottom left corner, click the Hangouts icon
    SNP_D782389BE2ED6702B329CF9CF9C6F4B57D3A_6024266_en_v0
  3. Click
    SNP_3111913_en_v1
    menu at the top of your Hangouts list.
  4. Scroll down the settings menu to "Google Voice."
  5. Uncheck the box next to "Receive SMS and Voicemail in Hangouts." This will turn off your Google Voice text messages and voicemails to your Hangouts account.
Android devices
  1. Open the Hangouts app.
  2. Touch your profile photo.
  3. Touch Settings
  4. Uncheck the box next to "Messages: Show SMS & voicemail in Hangouts."
Google Voice
  1. Go to Google Voice.
  2. On the left side of your inbox, click the drop-down menu next to "Voice in Hangouts."
  3. Click Opt-out.
  4. You'll see a box letting you know that you need to refresh your browser. Click OK.
If you want to turn it back on after opting out of Google Voice text messages and voicemail in Hangouts, follow the instructions at the top of this article to turn the feature back on.

Rob.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Rob -- Thanks for that! We all learn something new every day!

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
one-way audio - - yeah -- forgot to mention it.

Again, there are a TON of articles on bubba Ward's Nerdvittles blog that cover ALL of these topics in detail. Otherwise, you'll find the answers here.
Lots of the people here are also on DSLReports.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
^^ What he said! (brg on DSLR)

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
Ok, I am now getting these:
Code:
[2014-10-04 14:46:07] WARNING[3813]: res_xmpp.c:3569 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[2014-10-04 14:46:07] WARNING[3813]: res_xmpp.c:3566 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[2014-10-04 14:46:07] WARNING[3813]: res_xmpp.c:3633 xmpp_client_thread: JABBER: socket read error
errors on my new rebuilt and moved to Tampa Rent PBX box
Code:
  Asterisk   = ONLINE  | Dahdi     = ONLINE  | MySQL     = ONLINE    x
                                          x  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = ONLINE    x
                                          x  Fail2ban   = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = ONLINE    x
                                          x  Disk Free  = ADEQUATE| Mem Free  = ADEQUATE| NTPD      = ONLINE    x
                                          x  SendMail   = ONLINE  | Samba     = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    x
                                          x  Ethernet0  = ONLINE  | Ethernet1 = N/A     | Wlan0     = N/A       x
                                          x                                                                     x
                                          x  PIAF Installed Version   = 3.0.6.5 under *XEN* on Rent PBX         x
                                          x  FreePBX Version          = 12.0.1rc2                               x
                                          x  Running Asterisk Version = 11.12.0                                 x
                                          x  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.12.0                                 x
                                          x  Dahdi Source Version     = 2.10.0                                  x
                                          x  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.15                                  x
                                          x  IP Address               = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on eth0                    x
                                          x  Operating System         = Scientific Linux release 6.5            x
                                          x  Kernel Version           = 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit        x
                                          x  Incredible Version       = 11.10
also piaf-green / incredible11+Fax11 with SugarCRMas well
I do not see the settings for hangouts through GMail and my tablet doesn't use it.
Any ideas on how to deal with this now?

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I saw the same post and my setting was like that. I really don't like Gvoice anyways but when I tried to 'insatll-google-apps' via cli I was informed my system had no Google accounts attached to it. So I used the Google (Motif) which constantly showed 'disconnected' - and somehow there is a 2nd Googel voice place to use and tried there as well. No luck there either (But that was the one I needed to use the 'install-google-apps- via CLI. That is when the errors came 2 per second, every second. I just shut down both GV accounts in both places and the errors are gone.

No skin off my nose - I use Voip.ms anyways

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.