NO JOY Incoming faxing not working

isaacl

Reaction score
I had an old PBXIAF box go bad a few days ago, so I had to set up a new box (it's actually running as a virtual for now).
I installed IncrediblePBX on top of CentOS, and then installed IncredibleFax, for incoming faxes.
(I actually ran the an old IncredibleFax script first, but it didn't work, and then I found the correct script, which seemed to install correctly).
I was testing incoming faxes, and it seems to detect the fax coming in, but then it doesn't go anywhere.
Here's the log of the call (I removed my email address and the number):
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=K5MhnXFL (it wouldn't let me paste it here)

It seems like the issue is here:
[2014-09-29 01:31:32] ERROR[6648][C-00000000]: pbx.c:4387 ast_func_write: Functi on FAXOPT not registered

Is there any way to get that fixed?
I didn't have any issues on my old system, hoping I can get this one working as well...

Thanks!

Jake

Reaction score
It looks like your incoming DID route is set to an IVR. Are you using a dedicated DID? Also, instead of sending the call to an IVR make sure it is being routed to a "Custom Destination" and that the destination should show "Fax (Hylafax)" I also recently reloaded my PBX with Incredible fax and so far faxes are coming in just fine.

isaacl

Reaction score
I have one DID for all incoming calls and faxes, so it's not dedicated, but I'd like for faxes to be detected from that one DID, and that has worked well for me in the past...

Jake

Reaction score
I had this working with analog line and a Digium analog card. Let me try and remember how I did it. I had it posted in the forum but I think it was lost with the great crash.

So basically you want the fax detect function to work on a shared voice/fax line?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.