PIONEERS Incredible PBX for Pogoplug 4

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Yes, if you are using one of the "approved" devices (see Nerdvittles article -- V4-A3-01 or v4 A1 01), have followed the directions of Qui Hong's blog to the letter, have imaged a quality SD card with the pogoplug.img file it should work. As Frederick Grayson suggests make sure you have the correct IP address -- check your router to be sure you know what address has been assigned to the MAC of your device.

I had the problems that you describe, but only when using a different device -- Dockstar, in my case. But I had no problems at all SSH-ing into the actual Pogoplug...

Can you try a different SD card?

ddebbink

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. The pogoplug is a V4-A1-01 and has a static reservation on my router to show up at ...9. I can ping it for a short period of time while it's booting and then it stops responding which leads me to believe that something like fail2ban has been activated. The SD card is definitely on the list (sandisk ultra type 10). If I plug the debian card back in, it comes up at the expected IP and acts just fine.

plat2on1

Reaction score
wouldn't happen to be using 172.16.0.0/12 for your home network would you?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
^^^ Yes, that subnet is blocked by the pogoplug.img IPTables implementation

/etc/iptables/rules.v4: "The 172 subnet leaves a security hole on Amazon EC2 so it's disabled"

ddebbink; it looks like you have done all the correct things. But, your set-up is acting like mine did when I tried to make a Dockstar run the pogoplug.img. I was able to fix booting on that device by replacing files in / and /boot with known working files from a bootable USB. Perhaps try that -- check the Dockstar+E02 thread for details. Pull the files from your working debian card, and overwrite the files on the pogoplug.img card? Can't hurt...

And I am confused when you say "If I plug the debian card back in, it comes up at the expected IP." The directions don't require creating a "separate debian card." I never did. I followed the Qui Hong (sp?) blog to overwrite the internals of the pogoplug with basic debian and permit it to boot from SD, and then I created the one and only SD to boot from using the Nerdvittles pogoplug.img.

ddebbink

Reaction score
plat2on1 - good call my network is 172.18.25.0. Plugged the card back into a linux machine, mounted it and changed the rules.v4 file to allow access and voila I'm in. Thanks!

tycho - I went ahead and followed the whole tutorial to create a "linux server". So that's why I have an extra SD card that boots debian. I did that while I was burning the pogoplug image to another card.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score

Could happen, with some help from the folks on the Doozan site. I have no experience mixing Archlinux into the recipe.

The main difference I see off-hand is making sure that you can boot off the SATA port. Many Pogo-related devices have only USB or SD card interfaces, so you'll need specific instructions to allow the device to boot a Debian instance off the attached SATA drive. Once that is in place you could conceivable boot the pogoplug.img file, but things may grumble as they did for my Dockstar. Check out the "non pogoplug" thread where several of us have discussed getting I_PBX running on similar-but-different devices.

Other thread: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/incredible-pbx-for-dockstar-pogoplug-e02.15650/

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
I got this image to work on a Pogoplug E02 (which I know is covered in another thread) but related to this image in general, I was curious if anyone discovered a way to get SMS Dictator to work with this image regardless of device. The smsdictator directory and script are there for loading it but when you go to execute the smsdictator addon it fails with a notice that it's only compatible with PBXIAF 2 installations. Further investigation shows that the "gvoice" directory is missing which I guess includes the app that IPBX uses to dial, send and confirm the SMS's. Is there a separate script available for download to load all the necessary components for getting this to work? I looked back in a lot of old threads and couldn't find a specific script that you could use to enable this functionality on an existing PBXIAF or IPBX install.

Any help offered, TIA.

Edit: I found the answer to my issue in the PP 4 tutorial which, being true to being male, I did not read closely. Look for the section regarding adding Google TTS and at the bottom it lists the peliminary cli commands required to activate Wolfram Alpha and SMS Dictator.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
Pogoplug Mobile is $12.99 (free shipping) at Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/COCPOGOV4A1.html
BxQX2kKIYAEJVAw.jpg

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
My PogoMobile has been bullet-proof for 6 weeks. No longer even tinkering with my bare metal machine, nor my local VM, nor my cloud instance.

Fantastic project and excellent, cost-effective residential/SOHO PBX appliance. Kudos to you and the team, Ward!

Pogo.JPG

Jay Deal

Reaction score
tycho, I have a question for you. For incoming, do you experience a 5-10 second delay after Asterisk picks up and provides it's own ring tone for the extension calls? What I am experiencing, a call coming inbound is picked up by Asterisk then there is a 5-10 second period of silence before the extensions start ringing.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
tycho, I have a question for you. For incoming, do you experience a 5-10 second delay after Asterisk picks up and provides it's own ring tone for the extension calls? What I am experiencing, a call coming inbound is picked up by Asterisk then there is a 5-10 second period of silence before the extensions start ringing.

Jay Deal, no I don't get that at all. Call processing seems as immediate as any other Asterisk system I have used. To be fair, I use this primarily for outbound, but I was tinkering with inbound just yesterday and didn't notice anything untoward at all.

To be clear, are you talking about external calls coming in and being routed to an extension (in my cause the default?)

(I can comment further if there is a new thread on this. For my part I'll start a couple of threads with particular nits that I =have= noticed.)

Jay Deal

Reaction score
This comes up in the asterisk log for my incoming calls:

[2014-11-14 20:21:44] WARNING[4769][C-00000005] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Doesn't that just mean that you don't have an extension registered to take the call? I see that when I don't have any extensions online...

Edit to add:

This AM I experimented with lots of inbound calls, back to back. No delay and even with each going to VM because I did not have an extension registered (intentional), the system did not hiccup. All VMs were clear. Garbled, stutter-y VMs can be a sign of a straining processor. No issue here...

zorka

Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a USB FXO that works on this ? My old pxb (with pci FXO/FXS card) died yesterday and I allready setup the pogoplug with my voip providers, but I need my landline :-(

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
zorka OBi110 works great and doesn't require a USB connection at all. Just plug it into your LAN.

zorka

Guru
Reaction score
OK, thanx. I'll see if I can find one overhere in Belgium

zorka

Guru
Reaction score
Having trouble locating a store that sells and deliver the OBi110 to Belgium (EU plug etc....). Anyone that has experience with the Grandstream HandyTone 503 ? Seems like it will do the job....

Jeffrccar

Reaction score
Quick question. Can the Pogoplug 4 be adapted to the pogoplug dockstar? it seems to have 128MB, 1.2 CPU and, is armv5te. i tried put image on usb drive but i can't get an ip address.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.