TIPS Migrating Raspberry Pi from 3.7 to 3.11.12

Reaction score
I know the adage that" if it works, leave it alone". But I could just not resist to upgrade from Incredible PBX 3.7 to 3.11.12.
The basic setup was fine but then I tried to restore the FreePBX settings from a back up I made.
All the parameters have been imported, but nothing seems to work. The endpoints and trunks registered, but no outgoing calls, no incoming calls, and no station to station calls. When trying to call station to station or to the outside I get the message: "the person you are calling is unavailable, please try again."
Would somebody please point me in the right direction?
Thanks

john p

Reaction score
I had a similar issue upgrading from an old ver. on an x86 box to a Pi & found backups from old version to a new install failed. Feedback here was to 1) make a disk copy backup of the old system, 2) use the admin>module page to update the system, 3) make a fresk backup from the backup module, then restore settings from the new backup. That worked for me. Hope this helps.
John

Reaction score
Thank you John. That helped a lot but did not get the full desired results in that it broke all my Google Voice trunks. Everything else worked just fine.
So I started re-entering the GV trunks manually one by one and things started to work again.

Reaction score
I am on version 3.11 but keep mine up to date by running the sudo apt-get update dist-upgrade command to keep the OS up to date, keep the modules up to date via FreePBX and I manually upgraded Asterisk to 11.12.0 so I could use a particular patch that works well with my handsets (Cisco 7900 series). My guide on upgrading Asterisk is in the resources section, takes a couple of hours to process but the actual work you put in is less than five minutes and well worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.