QUESTION Group VMail (pooled to mult extensions)?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
Running
Piaf 3.0.6.5​
FreePBX 2.11.0.38​
Asterisk 11.12.0​
Incred 11.10​
So, we're helping a group that has some (what I think) odd vmail needs.​
Primary inbound calls hit a ring group (RG100) for x seconds, then a different ring group (RG200) (if unanswered), THEN after x seconds, go to a voicemail.​
THe challenge is this: we need the voicemail created, to go to a "pool" vmail, which does a BLF on all RG100 extensions, and which can be answered/listenedto/deleted by ANYONE on RG100..​
We don't need it to be a blast that goes to the WHOLE group, just to a 'pool' vmail box, but that needs to be answerable (and BLF'd) on all the RG100 group.​
Additionally, everybody in RG100 has their own private Vmail slot as well.​
How do I do this?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
I was just digging around in Extensions, and saw the "Device Options > mailbox" field. currently it's populated with SIP#@device....

Any chance I could do this by adding an additional SIP# to this field? say if there were a 'global' ext where all 'community' vmails are dumped (say 2100), i could have this field show "1980@device, 2100@device"??

or is something gonna go sideways if i try it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.