NO JOY Baffled with seemingly simple ring strategy

KevinW

Reaction score
I have a reception extension, a backupReception ring group and a company directory. I'd like to ring things in that order. i.e. if the receptionist doesn't pick up then the backupReception ring group gets rung, and if none of those extensions pick up then the company directory is played so the caller can pick an extension to dial.

I've set up the receptionist extension as the destination for the inbound route. Then the receptionist has their no answer set to the backup ring group, and the backup ring group no answer is set to the company directory.

If the backup ring group doesn't pick up, it just keeps ringing. The company directory is never reached.

I also tried by using two ring groups with the reception ring group containing only the receptionist extension. The same result occurs.

If I use either the receptionist without the backup group, or just the backup group, and the company directory as the no answer destination it works fine. It seems that chaining things together messes it up, but I could have sworn I've done this in the past.

Any ideas? TIA

KevinW

Reaction score
I'll switch it back after business hours this evening and post the logs.

KevinW

Reaction score
Here's a log sample from a test call I made. It just kept ringing and never really ended up anywhere. The phones themselves do stop ringing after the timeout, but then nothing. The caller will keep hearing the ringing though.

http://pastebin.com/jS3qRiAx

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Why are you using the Any/Any Catch All route and not a dedicated one? I'm not sure it would matter, just a point of clarification...

""Catch-All DID Match - Found 17775551212 - You probably want a DID for this.""

KevinW

Reaction score
Laziness probably. We might be adding more DIDs to this box, and I may not be the one to add them. I think the way it is now everything should keep working even if more get added. It will need to be sorted out eventually, but I figured this is fine for now.

KevinW

Reaction score
It looks like the problem was a bug with time conditions. There was an update that came out and after the update I deleted my one time condition and recreated it. Now it's working fine. The odd thing was I had already removed the time condition from my inbound route before, but I didn't delete it entirely, so maybe that was necessary as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.