Reaction score
No same profile 1 it says
Disabel eccho canceller and you check "no"

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
No same profile 1 it says
Disabel eccho canceller and you check "no"
I cannot find this setting anywhere in the web ui, however I believe the source of my echo is actually the OBi devices from the PSTN lines. When I forward to VoIP, everything is gone. So long story short - I believe I have this issue fixed.

Reaction score

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score

Huckda

Guru
Reaction score
Figured I'd check here for any wi-fi phones for roaming around a campus with one on hip...
Have a client with roaming supervisors that currently use walkie-talkies(no joke) to let them know they have a phone call on Line X... so they can head to the nearest phone to pick it up...
would be great to hand them a wi-fi SIP phone so they could just answer the ringing phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've fiddled with a couple of cheapo's before but they sucked royally, felt like a child's toy and sound quality was horrid.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I second lgaetz 's comment. I'm partial to my Snom M3s, but they aren't WiFi. Just get some iPod Touch units or cheap small Android phones and load up Bria.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I was researching this for a while... you need to have enterprise level access points, that can handle vlans, so you can prioritize the wifi phone's packets over everyone else's. You would need a wifi controller to enable something like this, and to provide fast switching between access points. It quickly gets very expensive, once you start building the infrastructure to support VoWLAN...

Reaction score
That's what we're starting to experiment with at work - iPod Touch units with the CISCO Jabber Voice client on a Voice WLAN VLAN. They seem to work ok, except when you move between buildings and lose WiFi (then you have to wake the Touch back up for it to reconnect).

Huckda

Guru
Reaction score
I gotta chime in even though I'm not as well versed as many here...

I originally went with the Aastra 6757 because of the Aastra scripts that do a nice job of configuring the phone... then because of reasons outside my control, I had to give up that phone and take my summer intern's phone the Yealink T46g..
and I am pretty happy that the Aastra is on some one else's desk now... the screen the buttons, the ease of configuration for a non-xml-guru, and then seeing how easy the little tricks Ward and some others have thrown together nearly overnight after receiving theirs... it just makes life a WHOLE lot easier when USING the phone... and if budgets were no issue this is the phone I would recommend... someone said the sound quality seemed 'tinny'... but I haven't had that experience... but I pretty much ruined my ears 'fine tuning' during the '80's listen'n to glam/butt-rock, and then stuff with lots of bass in the 90's :)

that Grandstream 2200 I think it was running Android wasn't bad, but it still didn't have a NICE user experience with regards to the interface...(the only reason I use an iPhone btw... the Androids I've had all went back within the 29day return period)

anyhow.. that's my 2 cents worth.

EndeavorPBX

Reaction score
IMHO, the Aastra 6757i running the very last 2.6 firmware is the very best phone out there. Avoid 3.2 firmware until they fix the hook wobble bug.

I've heard people complain that the phone doesn't have gigabit passthrough. If you feel like you gotta have Gigabit passthrough, just buy the 6757i and a TP Link TL-SG1008P, which is an 8-port gigabit switch with 4 POE Ports for $50 from Amazon.com. You'll save money, have lots of extra ports, and you can feed the 6757i with POE and avoid having to run a separate power cable.

If you need Wifi, go purchase a Ubiquiti AirGateway ($20) and a POE-15 ($15), configure it in client mode (turn off WDS), and plug it into the back of the Aastra and for $35.00, you have a Wifi phone.

ariban

Reaction score
the aastra 6757i is a SIP phone not IAX2 phone. anyone has a suggestion for IAX2 phone?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
This has been dormant for a while.....

Recommendations for a general SOHO or small biz situation with minimal accoutrements? am looking for economics with quality, but auto-provisioning capability is my biggest issue..

Bill Green

Reaction score
I've been running PIAF Green with cheap used Snom 360s for over a year now with very little trouble at all. The Snoms are a little clunky dealing with some functions though (like transfers). I'm checking out the Aastra's available on EBay. Any current suggestions for super cheapo used equipment?

Jake

Reaction score
Try Yealink t26 or t28 model depending on how many lines you need. I've liked them so far. You can get great deals on eBay.

Joseph Cope

Reaction score
I have a bunch of Snom IP Phones for my home.
2 821s
2 760s
1 710
Yealink w52p
I use a Snom 870 at work with the headset below and a Snom EHS setup.
I use a Jabra 6430 headset with the 760 paired via a Jabra Link 360. It supports HD Bluetooth.

I have them setup in intercom mode so that when calling an internal extension the phone picks up automatically.
The Audio quality is unbelievable.
All internal calls are using g722.
I call 666 to stream music over the internet. I sometimes calls the Group intercom number and conference the Music in to stream music throughout the house.

I've become addicted to Snom IP phones... :helpsmilie:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.