QUESTION What's the best way to debug this?

Richard Guy

Reaction score
Hi, I have PBIAF running on Raspberry Pi with a Sangoma Vega 50 and a Geils trunk. Incoming calls come in over the Vega and outgoing over Geils, unless we have more than two outgoing at a time in which case they go over the Vega - we have four AT&T POTS lines total.

Everything has been working GREAT for a couple of months.

For the last couple of weeks though my employees have had complaints from the people on the other end of the phone about poor call quality.

- It happens regardless of who places the call i.e. incoming and outgoing are affected.
- Regardless of what phone is used.
- Regardless of whether or not other calls are in progress at the time.
- It's an intermittent problem. :-(

What's the best way to debug this?

I think it might be a network issue but I am not sure. Only changes have been (i) a large backup job on my NAS (limited using trickle to 50 kbit upload - not much) has been running continuously and (ii) a new router (which otherwise seems to be fine).

Thanks

Richard

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Since it's both inbound and outbound, and you have different types of trunks for both, I'm tempted to say it's something internal to your network. What kind of switch are you using?

Richard Guy

Reaction score
Since it's both inbound and outbound, and you have different types of trunks for both, I'm tempted to say it's something internal to your network. What kind of switch are you using?

thanks for the reply. We have a few switches, a gigabit Netgear, a few gigabit D-link (the eco-friendly ones), and a Dell Powerconnect.

We have Cisco phones and they have built-in switches, only 100 Mbit though. I think we use a few of them.

Hope this helps!

thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.