TIPS ipcomms SIP trunk cant get inbound calls

CruiseAgent

Reaction score
Sorry for the Newbie question here. I am deploying Incredible Pbx on VMware ESXi 5.5 and so far all is well with exception to my SIP trunk from ipcomms.net . I can make outbound calls with no trouble but the provider tells me we are rejecting the invites from them to keep the trunk alive and able to take inbound. My thought is a firewall or table that is blocking them I just dont know where. Google Voice trunks are working perfectly. Thanks in advance!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What do the Asterisk logs show at the time of an inbound call?
Try asterisk -vvvr

CruiseAgent

Reaction score
Progress. At least for now anyway. I will need to do some additional testing later but it seems that when I place an outbound call on that trunk the call completes with no issues. If I call back in on that trunk within a minute or two the call inbound completes. If I wait longer the inbound trunk call fails and subsequent calls continue to fail until I make another outbound call.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Your firewall is blocking the inbound packets. Assume you have a router or firewall in front?

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Check "Asterisk Info"... does your trunk show that it is Registered?

CruiseAgent

Reaction score
Verizon FIOS router is in front of the PBXIAF. I built a rule to forward 5060 traffic and UDP ports 10k-20k to forward to the PBXIAF per the vendor suggestion and so far the trunk remains in service inbound and outbound. I am a little concerned about opening up the traffic to any IP on those ports but the Verizon router does not appear to allow me to specify an originating IP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.