Reaction score
Hello,
Installation done but no FREEPBX at all
24zg0fn.png
¨
Regards

Adam Kayden

Reaction score
i'm stuck at this part while installing in Amazon EC2. I will get this error after choosing option A. How do i fix and pass-through this error?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 8.07.52 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 8.07.52 pm.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 23

gherbstman

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as ibstelix with freepbx missing. The explanation above has not helped me. I also get a message about an old iso when installing.
I am installing on a fresh minimal install CentOS 6.6 x64

I am pulling my hair out over this seemingly simple thing, and I do not have a lot of hair to spare.!

Help appreciated.

gherbstman

Reaction score
Looks like the issue is that the x64 version of the scripts are broken. the x32 works correctly.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
odd as the current version of the installer x64 version (3.05) works great in the lab. I have tried it with both the old 2.X iso and simply added the new version of the piafdl and have used the piaf 3 PRE INSTALLER on a generic 6.6 Centos machine. None of the current version 3 installers contain the code that checks for the iso. ALL of the old PIAF2 versions DO contain this code and since it is no longer supported will continue to do so.The only difference between the 32/64 bit code is that each is compiled on a 32 or 64 bit machine. The codebase is COMMON.

When we release a new version of the installer we test every color on 32/64bit machines with fill installs. This is how we generate the autoconf features. If asterisk is not compiling there may be a problem with the autoconf feature which is easily fixed by choosing the make menuconfig option during the initial setup. During the install when this loads simply save the file without making any changes and that will eliminate that variable.

There have been some reported cases of problems with certain portions of the kernel not installing on some installs. This is a problem beyond our control however once you run the piaf3 PRE INSTALLER and prior to running piafdl do a yum -y install kernel* and see what happens. Then run the piafdl

I have just reinstalled green and blue on a 64 bit "real" machine and it installs correctly.

I am just updating all installs with the latest source from Digium and it should be out shortly

Tom

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
darmock thankyou,

could switchinaflash be removed from the install choices as it crashes the piaf3 install script?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
the PIAF3 Preinstaller program has nothing to do with switchinaflash! Switchinaflash is something you would choose off of the ISOMENU program. which then loads it's own installer. If it is not working for you then don't run it! Switchinaflash is a concept program which has languished somewhat first I have heard it does not run.

Tom

gherbstman

Reaction score
Hi Tom, To give you more details, I have tried this basic procedure several times.
  • Fresh minimal install of the current CentOS 6.6 x64.
  • Installed the preliminaries wget...
  • Attempted both with and without update-kernel-devel
  • Tried getting the scrippt from here: wget http://pbxinaflash.com/piaf3-install.tar.gz and sourceforge.
  • Attempted Green and Black installs. Both give warnings about using old iso.
  • Black install does not install FreePBX. On the options shows Beta (no freepbx)
After attempting 5 or 6 times with x64, I tried x32 with very different results. I did not get the beta note or the warning about old iso. However, Asterisk failed to compile the black version.

I will try the x64 black again today and let you know.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
No idea I validated that that methodology works and I can only surmise you are downloading (somehow) the PIAF version 2 stuff which has black as beta and no freepbx. The piaf3-install is only the preinstaller and it ONLY pulls from the PIAF3 repo. I just scrubbed ALL of the PIAF repos and mirrors and resynced the PIAF3 versions then tested them yet again and it all works.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.