TRY THIS Fax not working after migrating to new machine

docgreen

Reaction score
I just moved my PBX from an old Dell tower to an Asus Eee PC using the Incredible Backup/Restore method, and so far everything has worked perfectly...

...except for faxes.

When I click on the AvantFax button in the main menu, I get a blank screen.
The Winprint HylaFAX GUI isn't able to connect to the server.
If I try to run install-incredfax2 it tells me that the install has already been ran.

I'm at a loss... not sure what to do to fix this. Any ideas?

FWIW, everything else seems to have worked flawlessly. All the extensions are working, IVR and recordings are all good, inbound/outbound calls are good... hell, even the Google Voice trunks are working!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible doesn't pick up the fax apps themselves. Just run the Incredible Fax installer again, and all should be fine.

docgreen

Reaction score
Incredible doesn't pick up the fax apps themselves. Just run the Incredible Fax installer again, and all should be fine.
Tried that, but it tells me that the installer was already run once, and can't run again. Is there a command argument I can use to force it torun again?

docgreen

Reaction score
Here's a thought... the Incredible Backup assumes that you have a freshly installed PIAF to restore to... but if I'm restoring Incredible Fax as well, do I need to pre-install it as well before running Incredible Restore?

docgreen

Reaction score
OK, I re-built the PBX on the new machine. This time after doing the clean install (using a freshly-download ISO) I also installed IncredibleFax.
THEN after making sure all the modules were installed and updated, I went ahead with the IncredibleRestore.

Again, phones are working as they should after the restore, but the fax still isn't working. It's "better" than it was... I can get to the AvantFax menu now, and it shows all my previous faxes, but now the modems all say "[please wait]."

It's the end of the holiday weekend and I'll be resuming normal business hours tomorrow... if anyone has any ideas about what to try to get this running, I'd be greatly appreciative!! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• please wait.JPG
    please wait.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 8

docgreen

Reaction score
Ward, could you move this thread to a more appropriate category? Not sure why it's in "Trunks," I thought I had posted it in "Help."

Thanks

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious - did you get this resolved?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation - did a new install, set it up, then ran incrediblefax.. I can config & *RECEIVE* faxes, but can't get the avantfax menu to show up, and am not sure how to trouble-shoot it...

any tips are greatly appreciated....

docgreen

Reaction score
I "resolved" it by scrubbing the new install (for now) and just going back to the old box.

Once I have more time I'll resurrect the new install and just manually copy all of the settings and everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.