PIONEERS Living the Ubuntu Dream

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ok so I think I have an idea as to what happened. I was able to replicate this several times on two different droplets. If I use incredible backup and restore I get the lines below at the end of the restore. I verified SQL was "alive" on both the source and target machines. I then backed up one machine, put that file on the new machine and ran restore to which I see the below. I went back to the source machine and SQL is still "alive" so something happened in the backup/restore. This does not happen if I use the backup and restore module.

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld [ OK ]
* Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.
* Restarting web server apache2 ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Worked on this last night. Try this new script. It ASS-U-MEs you want to end up with passw0rd as the MySQL administrator password. If not, edit the script before you run it.
Code:
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/mysql-fix.tar.gz

vic555

Reaction score
Hi

Vtiger 6 is worth a look now, and the installation is a breeze.

Joe
Looking to use vtiger 6 CE on Incredible PBX 4 FreePBX 2.1 Centos 6.2; Noticed that Sugar was listed as an option, but vtiger seems more robust, apparently with a dialer. Could this work on RentPBx? Any special requirements? configurations? Am I missing something? Suggestions. I am basically a recycled nube, worked with Linux 8 years ago

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ok so I think I have an idea as to what happened. I was able to replicate this several times on two different droplets. If I use incredible backup and restore I get the lines below at the end of the restore. I verified SQL was "alive" on both the source and target machines. I then backed up one machine, put that file on the new machine and ran restore to which I see the below. I went back to the source machine and SQL is still "alive" so something happened in the backup/restore. This does not happen if I use the backup and restore module.

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld [ OK ]
* Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.
* Restarting web server apache2 ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I've uploaded a new version to update debian-sys-maint password. Just download, untar, and run the script again...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/update-debian-pw
chmod +x update-debian-pw
./update-debian-pw

Stan-O

Reaction score
GREAT!! I could put this on my Odroid x2 1.7 Quad Arm Processor! Even thought I am currently running Asterisk 11.5 and Freepbx 2.11 and FOP2 2.27 on it now
it sure would be GREAT to have PBXIAF just for all the updates and fantastic addons that are available from Wards World.
Let us know when your wanting to test it out.
Thanks

So how is it working on your odroid?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that a month has passed. Incredible Backup has been working fine for me. Sorry about not reporting back sooner.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you haven't installed the new Incredible Fax for Ubuntu, DON'T for the time being. It breaks MySQL which in turn kills Asterisk and FreePBX.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New version of Incredible PBX for Ubuntu is available. Incredible Fax still DOA...

Incredible Fax for Ubuntu confirmed working with Firefox browser. AvantFax login fails with Chrome browser. Other than that, we're back in business.

:party::party::party:

Run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && reboot on the base Ubuntu 14 build. Then install Incredible PBX following tutorial. Do NOT run apt-get update again until further notice or you will kill MySQL and Asterisk! Fixed!

B0jnr2cIIAAdlhL.jpg:large

wlraider70

Reaction score
speaking of updates...When I ssh into my "old School" PIAF on centos 6 I get the auto-update and then the status screen. My install on to ubuntu doesnt do that.
I can get the status by simply `status`
What is the command for the updates and is that safe to run in light of the above post? thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The automatic update utility runs automatically. Just log out and back in to bring your system current. apt-get update is not part of the update utility until the udev bug is resolved. If you want to upgrade Asterisk, go here.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There are only two components to the Automatic Update Utility on the Ubuntu platform (this is for pure Ubuntu only, NOT CuBox or RasPi which are different!):

1. You need the following line at the bottom of /root/.profile:
Code:
/root/update-IncrediblePBX && /usr/local/sbin/status && echo "Always run Incredible PBX behind a hardware-based firewall." && mesg n

If you prefer not to have the hardware-based firewall reminder, then add this line instead:
Code:
/root/update-IncrediblePBX && /usr/local/sbin/status && mesg n

2. You need the /root/update-IncrediblePBX file:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/update-IncrediblePBX-Ubuntu14.tar.gz
tar zxvf update-IncrediblePBX-Ubuntu14.tar.gz
rm -f update-IncrediblePBX-Ubuntu14.tar.gz
chmod +x /root/update-IncrediblePBX
chattr +i /root/update-IncrediblePBX

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
There are only two components to the Automatic Update Utility on the Ubuntu platform (this is for pure Ubuntu only, NOT CuBox or RasPi which are different!):
[/CODE]

.profile
Code:
~
root@incrediblepbx:~# vi .profile
# ~/.profile: executed by Bourne-compatible login shells.

if [ "$BASH" ]; then
  if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
  fi
fi

/usr/local/sbin/status && echo "Always run Incredible PBX behind a hardware-based firewall." && mesg n
~
~
I'll go ahead and add your code.

Edit: Works great, and now I'm all patched. THANKS!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Pardon the double post but many folks follow this thread. We're in the midst of a major construction project at the same time that Ubuntu "improved things (again)" with the release of Ubuntu 14.10. We've backed up to a stable version of Incredible PBX for Ubuntu 14.04 for the time being until we have time to sort out the improvements. Just download incrediblepbx11.4.ubuntu14.tar.gz and be sure you're on an Ubuntu 14.04 platform (which we now check for as part of the install).

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

14.04 is the LTS (Long Term Support) version, so I'd say that moving to 14.10 would not be desirable for a telecoms system as it has a shorter life. It's EOL is April, 2015 (6 months time).

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases.

Provided that Ubuntu carries on as it has done in the past, the next LTS release will be 16.04 LTS, which will be released in April 2016, (as the numbering suggests). 14.04.1 LTS is EOL in April 2o19, (4.5 years time).

Again, if Ubuntu behaves the way it usually does, then it should be possible to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 without a format and re-installation.

So my advice, in the interests of stability and continuity, would be to stay with 14.04.1 LTS for at least the next 1.5 years rather than fighting with a new Ubuntu release every six months. (image of hamster on a wheel springs to mind)

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.